Chapter one

Briar's POV
I walk into Lincoln High dreading my existence. It was the first day of school for the year and I was not looking forward to it. I scan the crowd of nervous kids and spot Jessy, my best friend. "Hey Jessy, how was your summer break?" I asked her trying to sound cheery. "My holiday to Denver was fun but it would have been so much better if you could of come." I hugged Jessy, "Trust me I would rather of been with you then stuck in this lousy town!" I say while I get my books out for my first lesson. "So..." Jessy started smirking and I instantly knew what she was going to talk about. Boys. "Do you have a crush on anyone?" "Nope!" I reply blankly. I don't have time for boys, they are a waste of space. "The question on everyone's a gender though is do you have a crush on anyone?" She froze. "Ok I do but don't freak out." I nod my head to signal her to continue. "I like...Myles." I had to cover my mouth to stop me from throwing up. "Myles as in Myles Erlick?" She nodded. "Eww Jessy that's gross, he is such a jerk, that's just..eww!" She sighed and looked at me desperately. "Ok just because you hate him doesn't mean everyone else has too." She folded her arms, "Please Briar you have to be OK with this." This time I'm in the one who sighs. I have to be OK with this for my best friend. "OK fine, I still hate him, but I'm OK with it." She hugged me as the bell went telling us to go to our first class. I was so glad to be in all my classes with Jessy. I walk into advanced algebra and take my normal seat next to Jessy. "OK class this year I am changing up the seat positions." The class groans and I send Jessy a worried look. We ALWAYS sit next to each other and now Mrs Nickles thinks she can split us up. "OK Jessy you can sit next to..Nick." She waves bye to me as she gets up and moves next to Nick. "Ok Briar you can stay where you are, and beside you on your left is...Sarah and on your right is..." Please don't be Myles, please don't be Myles, please don't be Myles. "Umm Myles." We both groan. Did I forget to mention Myles also hates my guts. "Mrs Nickles I cannot sit next to Myles." Mrs Nickles crosses her arms. "And why is that miss Nolet." "Because he's an asshole." I say bluntly while shrugging my shoulders. I can hear a few snickers in the back of the class. Myles walks over to me and scoffs. "Oh yeah look who's talking little miss bitch!" I turn him and glare, "You know what your problem is?" "What that you were ever born." I glare at him harder. "OK that's it!" We start shouting at each other while the rest of the class laughs. We are interrupted by Mrs Nickles yelling furiously. "STOP!!! Mr Erlick and Miss Nolet to the principals office NOW!" She points at the door. I stand up and start walking out before turning around and hissing at Myles, "This is all your fault!" Great it's the first day of school and Myles has already gotten me into trouble. This is not going to be a good year!

A/U first chapter of my new book! I have really wanted to write something like this for ages and I finally did it! I hope you like my book. Hope you have a great day

TOODLES!!!!!!!