Chapter seven

Myles' POV
I kept tossing and turning but I couldn't fall asleep. Briar thinks that I didn't see her cry but I actually did. She looked really sad and now I feel guilty mentioning her dad. Well I guess I wouldn't like it if someone kept asking me questions about my dead father. All this thought about Briar makes me realise how much she actually means to me. I always thought that I would never be interested in her but I guess opinions change over time. I have to get her to like me no matter what. I glance over at Briar and see her sleeping. Gosh she looks so cute when she's sleeping, I just want to hug and kiss her so badly. I turn on my phone, making sure the brightness is on low, and text Isaac. He's the only one that knows I like Briar so I think he would have the best advice for me. "Hey bro, you awake?" It's 12:38 so I was really surprised when he answered straight away. "Yeah what you need?" I keep sneaking looks at Briar since I don't want to wake her. "Well I don't know what to do about the whole...Briar thing." I can just imagine an Isaac chuckle going on from the other end of the the phone. "😉Oh so your still having your little feelings for her?" I roll my eyes, only Isaac could be this immature while trying to help me. "Well yes and I don't know what to do about it😕" "Just act normal for the time being and you will gradually get closer and connect, the same thing happened to me and Victoria." "Woah woah woah when did you and Vic become a thing?" "I've said too much😐😮😶 bye!" I couldn't get another reply out of him after that but the advice he gave me was really good. I just need to act normal and eventually she will warm up to me right? Well I still have to be a tad mean to her or she will get suspicious. I turn off my phone and place it down gently beside me. Lucky for me tomorrow is Saturday so I can sleep in as long as I want to even though Briar will probably make me get up at 7:00 because she's "hungry" sometimes I think she wakes me up early just to annoy the hell out of me and frankly it works. I love sleeping in, whenever I can I try to so I get pretty pissed off when someone disrupts my sleep. I once went to bed at 4:29 in the morning and woke up at 6:00 in the afternoon. Of course three hours later my mom forced me to go to bed so that didn't really help. I get lost in thought and didn't realise that the girl next to me was starting to stir. "Oh sorry did I wake you?" I ask quietly. "Umm yeah." Briar is the only girl I know that will actually be honest with me and that's one of the many things I like about her unlike Maddie who agrees with every single little thing I say. Sometimes I think if Maddie is the right girl for me and the answer is a straight up NO. Your probably wondering why I don't just break up with her and go to Briar. Well I mean sure she's the most popular girl in school so she can easily find another man so why don't I just dump her than stomp on her heart, it would be easy. I don't break up with her because sometimes I care way to much what other people think unlike Briar who doesn't give a damn if you hate her or not. Again another reason why I like her so much. "So you wanna get a snack?" She asks interrupting my thought. "Sure." We both get up from our beds quietly, making sure not to wake her sister or her parents. We tip toe down the stairs and make our way to the fridge. I accidentally knock my foot on the couch at one point but I don't think they heard. "Nice going." Briar hisses. I throw my hands up in defence. We open the fridge and the white light blinds us. She grabs out an ice cream container and two spoons. We both walk to the couch and sit down. I start placing mouthfuls of chocolate ice cream in my mouth as Briar does the same. "You want anymore?" She whispers to me. "Nah I'm good." She quickly walks over to the fridge and puts the ice cream back inside and the spoons in the sink. We both make our way back to Briar's room. When we were about to open the door Briar slipped on a small puddle of water. I instantly put my arms out and caught her. She was extremely close to me and I felt fireworks inside of me. This is what Isaac was talking about, moments like this will bring us closer and closer until she ends up falling for me. We stare into each other's eyes and I can feel her breath on my face. We quickly realised what position we are in and both stand up awkwardly. "Uhh thanks." She mumbles quietly. I scratch the back of my neck when I hear a noise coming from down the hall. Briar and I both shoot each other worried looks as we both stumble inside her bedroom. We quickly lay down and pretend we are asleep for the rest of the night. Briar actually fell asleep but I couldn't. I just thought about the moment we just shared. She looked like she was falling for me but I couldn't tell. We will just have to wait and see.

A/u long chapter to make up for not updating in a while sorry. Hope you have a great day!!

TOODLES!!!