Chapter six

Briar's room ^^^

Briar's room ^^^

Briar's POV
As soon as we arrive home my mom gave us some boxes of Thai food which we quickly devoured on the couch. After dinner I walked up the stairs towards my room. When my hand reached for the knob a worrying feeling shot through my stomach. What if he thinks my room is babyish? What if he laughs at me? I don't know why I was caring what that loser thought of me but at the end of the day I don't really like to be laughed at especially not by a...popular person. I turned the door knob and my door sung open revealing my room. My room is probably every teenage girls dream room. Everything is covered in white with a few light pinks here and there. I have a massive queen bed with a white and pink floral bedspread that matches a fluffy mat. The shelves are stocked with my favourite books and pictures of Jessy and my family. But the main focus of the room is the HUGE white drapes that hang over my bed. They have yellow fairy lights attached to give them the ultimate look. This room portrays me as soft and girly which in someways I can be. I stride in casually and can hear Myles mutter, "Woah." I flip my head around preparing for the laughs that are probably coming. "What is it this time?" I cross my arms and sigh. "Oh nothing I just didn't classify you as the girly kind." He continues to glance around my room taking in every little detail. I shrug in response, "I have a soft side." He laughs before sitting down on my neat bed. My mum has laid down mattresses so we won't be sleeping in my bed. I pull him over to my dresser. "I'm putting on a jacket, I'm getting cold." He nods and looks at the pictures of Jessy and my family." I search for my favourite blue jacket but I can see him eyeing the photo of my dad out of the corner of my eye. "Where's your dad? I didn't see him." He asks suddenly. I realise I should probably just be straight forward with him. It's easiest. "Oh he died a year ago, this was taken right before he died." My eyes are fixed on my jacket and the buttons which I am currently doing up. I turn to face the picture once I have done. "Do you miss him?" Myles looks at me and then back at the picture. "Yeah every day actually." I was extremely close to my dad so his death hit me hard. I still haven't fully gotten over it yet but I'm improving. "Sometimes at night I think about what it would be like if he was still here with me." A tear rolls down my cheek from thinking about all the good memories with my dad. I quickly raise my sleeve and wipe it away. I hope Myles didn't see it. He would probably think I'm just a pathetic little girl who cries over her dead dad which in reality I kind of am. "I think we should go to bed now." He suggests probably realising that I didn't want to talk about this any longer. I had no clue why I felt the strange urge to talk about my personal life with Myles, I guess it just felt good to talk about it. After we both brush our teeth we turn off the lights and scamper into bed. I can't really fall asleep so I fiddle with the ring on my thumb. My dad gave it to me and it helps me calm down when I'm nervous. I'm not sure if Myles has fallen asleep yet but frankly I don't care. I Just think. Yeah think. I think about what it use to feel like waking up in the morning and having a dad. I think about the day he died and how I refused to eat and leave my room. I actually think about Myles, maybe he isn't as bad as I thought he was. Soon enough I doze off to sleep not thinking at all.

A/u I would like to apologise about my other chapter. I wrote that as a draft and then I wrote this and I thought I published this chapter but obviously I accidentally posted the draft. Sorry everyone that I took longer to update. I will update shortly. I hope you have a great day!!

TOODLES!!!!