Chapter eight

Briar's POV
I have never been more embarrassed in my entire life. When we were heading back to my room I slipped on a puddle of water. Myles caught me and our faces were only centimetres away. I felt fire works in my tummy and that's something I've never felt before. Wait am I falling for Myles? No no I couldn't be I hate him and he hates me. Right? I close my eyes and try to fall asleep but fail. I'm pretty sure Myles fell asleep but I couldn't. I just think about the moment we shared. Soon it finally came 7:00. I had to drag Myles out of bed for breakfast because I was starving. My mum was already up and she was making us toast. "Good morning sweetie and Myles did you two sleep well?" "Umm yeah, slept like a baby." LIES! I barely slept a wink. Myles woke me up then we got our snack and after my fall I didn't sleep at all. I'm so glad I don't have school or dance today. My mum buttered my toast and I munched on it cheerfully. After breakfast we walked up to my room. I haven't had a decent shower or changed since I got these things on and seriously I'm getting worse. I have to spray so much perfume so I don't smell like a hobo and I tried to change my clothes but I can't get it over my arm since Myles is blocking it. I brush my teeth after Myles and brush my hair. I was in the middle of doing my eyeliner when Myles bumped me. I got eyeliner all down my cheek. "Are you fucking kidding me!" I yelled getting frustrated. He burst out laughing after he saw my face. "You look like you have been in a circus or something." He reached for his phone probably to take a picture. I instantly swat it out of his hands. "If you take a photo of me you won't live to see another day boy and I'm not joking." I say through gritted teeth. His laughter comes to a halt when he sees my clearly pissed off face. "Jeez sorry, you can fix your makeup now." I smiled before grabbing my makeup wipes and dabbing my eye and cheek. After I finished my make up I sat down and go on my phone and so did he. I ended up scrolling through Instagram, I was liking all the pictures not even bothering to read them or look at them. One picture though caught my eye. It was Maddie. She posted a picture of her kissing Adam Lawrence. Woah I thought she was dating Myles. I decide to ask him what was happening and if he knows she's cheating on him. "I thought you and Maddie were dating?" He looks at me and then back at his phone. "Oh yeah I broke up with her last night." How did he say that so casually? Break ups are a massive deal especially to girls. It will take us a long time to get over it. Well I guess it only took Maddie 12 hours to get over it but she's not an actual girl, she's a barbie doll. Once her Ken dumps her she instantly sucks in another Ken and proceeds to kill him slowly. It's just what girls like Maddie do. "Oh ok." I say quickly before turning back to my phone. "Bri, did you hear that the principal handcuffed two students toget-" Abbey, my sister, stops in the middle of her tracks and stares at Myles. She turns to me and gives me a 'what on earth is MYLES ERLICK doing here?' Look. I forgot to mention that Abbey also has a crush on Myles. I don't get it but apparently he's 'hot'. "Abbey do you know who those two students are?" She shakes her head, confused. I hold up the handcuffs and start shaking them. A sudden realisation pops into her head and she runs out of the room in a hurry. "Sorry that was my younger sister." I say apologetically to Myles. "Don't worry about it I have a little brother too." I nod. We actually have more in common then I thought. Myles turns off his phone and starts looking around the room bored. He reaches under my bed and pulls out a soft, brown object. "Hey what's this doing und-"  I cut him off by snatching the teddy out of his hand and throwing it across the room. "That's uhh n-nothing." I stutter quickly. I look down to the floor attempting to hide my beetroot red cheeks. I made sure I hid that before he came over. How did he find it? "That wasn't nothing." He asks raising an eyebrow. "Umm y-yes it wa-as." I continue to flush red and stutter. "Oh yeah to me it looked like a little teddy bear." He folds his arm and smirks. Before I was embarrassed but now I'm utterly humiliated! "Ok fine, that is my teddy bear but my dad gave it to me and it's the only thing I have left of him so I can't be with out it." I really hope he gets it but knowing him he will probably blab it to everyone. He nods slowly. "Ok I get it." "Please don't tell anyone it would embarrass me soo much. " "I won't tell anyone." I smile before quietly replying. "Thanks, I would die if that got out at school." We go back to our technology and staring around. "Uhh this is boring you what to go do something fun?" I ask Myles who replies by nodding. "Ok let's go."

A/u I have been really busy with an upcoming test but don't worry I finished it and I did really well. I hoped you liked the chapter. What did you think of Briar's secret and will Myles keep it? I will update soon!

TOODLES!!!!!