Chapter 3

Harry and I were standing in the Gryffindor bleachers, watching the Quiddicth game between Hufflepuff and Gryffindor. If we lost this match our team was done for the season.

"Come on, Ron!" I cheered.

"...and Nicole scores for the Hufflepuff team!" Lee Jordan announced from the stands.

The Slytherins began their 'Weasley Is Our King' chant from the opposite side of the pitch.

Weasley cannot save a thing,
He cannot block a single ring,
That's why Slytherins all sing:
Weasley is our King.

Weasley was born in a bin
He always lets the Quaffle in
Weasley will make sure we win
Weasley is our King.
Weasley is our King,
He always lets the Quaffle in
Weasley is our King.

Just as I was beginning to lose hope, I noticed Hagrid forcing his rather large self up the stands.

"Harry, what is Hagrid doing?"

Harry looked towards Hagrid, who wasn't hard to miss, and waved him over.

"Oi! Harry! Liz! There ye are! I need ya tu'h come wit me." Hagrid bellowed.

"Can we come after the game?" I asked politely.

"No, I need you now, while e'ryone is distracted and all. It's family business," Hagrid whispered, if you could call it that.

Harry sighed, "Let's go, how long can it take?"

It took a lot longer than expected. Hagrid led us on a long hike through the Forbidden Forest, where he was keeping his giant half-brother: Grawp.

The trek through the woods was miserable. I tripped multiple times on the uneven path and branches scratched my arms and face.

"We're almost there!" Hagrid called in an encouraging tone.

"Almost where?" Harry yelled, but Hagrid wouldn't tell us anything.

We stumbled across a giant boulder.

"Here 'e is. Wake up Grawp, come on ya big lump." Hagrid coaxed, poking the rock with a huge stick.

The 'rock' stirred and rolled over. I could make out an oafish face and limbs in the shadowed forest. The creature roared and stood to his full height, which was almost to the top of the tallest trees.

"Where'd you find him?" I asked, slightly horrified.

I never heard Hagrid's response, because Grawp picked me up with two fingers. I screamed and kicked my dangling legs.

"Bad boy! We don't pick up our friends!" Hagrid shouted.

"Grawp, put me down. Now." I demanded.

The giant looked hurt as he carefully placed me on the ground. He turned around and picked a flower from the ground, handing it to me. I took it and sniffed it, smiling.

"Thank you," I said.

"Looks like you've got an admirer," Harry commented.

Grawp gave me a happy look and then proceeded to pull a tree from the ground.

"Think ya can look af'er 'im? In case summat were to 'appen?" Hagrid pleaded.

Harry and I reluctantly agreed, and then started the long walk back to the pitch.

Once we had exited the forest I could tell the game was over. The players were no longer in the air. As we neared the pitch I heard the Slytherins chanting.

"Looks like we've lost," I sighed.

"Maybe not," Harry grinned. "Listen."

Weasley is our King,
He didn't let the Quaffle in
Weasley is our King.
Weasley can save anything,
He never leaves a single ring,
That's why Gryffindors all sing:
Weasley is our King.

I squealed in delight and sprinted towards the pitch, searching for Ron. I saw the handsome boy being taken down from the shoulders of several fellow Gryffindors. He had a huge smile plastered across his face, and he stood with a confidence that I had never seen before in him.

Butterflies fluttered around in my stomach, making me feel as though I couldn't stand.

"Liz? Hello? Do you want to go congratulate our team?" Harry asked.

I nodded and we walked towards the players.

~~~~~

A/N: It's 12:23 am right now and I'm revising my first four chapters. Idk why. One more to go! Yayyyy

Thanks for reading! (: