Chapter 34

"Liz? Liz? Are you okay?" Ron asked worriedly. We were kneeling on the soft sand of the beach, his arms wrapped tightly around me, keeping me upright.

"I'm alright." I whispered, burying my head in his chest.

"Harry Potter..." Dobby murmured.

"No. No, no, no. It's going to be okay, Dobby. We're going to fix you. Liz?" Harry looked at me helplessly.

Dobby had been hit with Bellatrix's knife. Blood stained his raggedy shirt.

"I'm sorry," I replied, my voice cracking. Dobby's wound was to deep to heal.

The frail elf collapsed into Harry's arms. I crawled over to them, Ron meekly attempting to stop me. I put a hand on Harry's shoulder and I gently held Dobby's limp fingers. Harry had started to cry and so had I.

"I think we should close his eyes. Don't you think?" Luna inquired. I hadn't even noticed that she was there.

Harry nodded somberly and Luna tenderly pushed the elf's eyelids down.

"There, now it looks like he's sleeping," she stated dreamily.

"I want to bury him. The proper way. No magic." Harry decided.

"I'll help," I started, attempting to stand.

"Liz, no. You need to lie down." Ron ordered.

I glared at him. He flinched.

"I will do whatever I please. So you can stand there and argue a pointless case, or help me." I snapped.

Ron came over and grabbed my waist, pulling me up.

"Can you stand?" He asked.

"Course I can stand."

But I didn't think I could. Just standing had caused pain to course through me.

"Alright."

Ron started to let go of me, but I clutched onto his jacket.

"Just help me walk over there," I pointed to where Harry had begun to dig a hole.

Harry objected as soon as I conjured a shovel and began to dig. I was sitting on my knees, wincing at the effort it took to fling dirt out of the ground.

"Ron's right, Liz. You need to rest. You should go have Bill bandage your arm." Harry suggested.

"No! Stop treating me like a kid. You two wouldn't be standing here if it wasn't for me and you know it. Now, digging a hole might be too much, but I'd like to say some words."

Ron and Harry stared dumbly so I cleared my throat.

"Dobby, you've been a great friend. I wouldn't be here if you hadn't come to save us. You've helped Harry through so much. The Chamber, the Gillyweed, The Room of Requirement, and then today. You will be greatly missed." I finished.

I wiped my eyes with my sleeves and looked to Ron. His blue eyes looked watery.

"Okay. We can go now."

Ron basically carried me inside and led me into a small bedroom.

"I'll go get Bill to bandage your arm."

If Bill was angry that a group of people had just showed up at his house and demanded shelter, he didn't show it. He cleaned my arm and wrapped it in gauze. Fleur brought me some soup and helped me change into fresh clothes. I thanked them and sat in the clean bed and read my book.

After only ten minutes Ron and Harry burst in.

"We finished the grave," Ron informed me.

"You okay?" I asked, looking at Harry.

He shrugged and fiddled with something in his hands.

"We brought Exploding Snaps, if you want to play." Harry said, holding out the card box.

For a while it was like we were back at Hogwarts. Harry had his natural competitive spirit, Ron joked about his bad luck when it came to games, and I rolled my eyes at both of them.

When I started to yawn they both reacted rather absurdly.

"Are you okay?"

"Do you need something?"

"Do you feel alright?"

"Are you tired?"

"You should sleep."

"Do you need water?"

"Or food?"

"We'll leave."

"Enough! I'm tired. I'm going to read my book for a bit and go to sleep."

There was a pair of 'of course's and they sauntered out of the room. I smiled, what idiots.

Just as I was closing my book there was a knock on the bedroom door.

"Come in," I called.

Ron stepped in, looking sheepish.

"Wanted to make sure you were fine, see if you needed anything."

"Could you get me some water? Please."

A minute later Ron reappeared with a glass of water.

"I didn't know if you wanted ice or not. I didn't get you any. I'll get you another glass if you--"

"Ron, it's perfect. Thank you."

This was the first time we had been alone after the... incident.

"Because, I love you Elizabeth Brookes."

An infinite number of emotions erupted from inside of me. Anger. Surprise. Curiosity. Joy. Relief. Sadness. Pride. Love.

Ron walked over to me and bent down beside me. He wiped a tear from my cheek, and kept his warm hand pressed against my face.

"I love you, too." I whispered.

He sat the glass of water down on the bedside table and stood by the bed uncomfortably.

"So, um, what're you reading?"

"It's a muggle book. It's called The Lion, The Witch, and The Wardrobe. There's a young girl who finds a magical world in an old wardrobe. Before my Hogwarts letter arrived, I thought it was the most amazing thing. A magical world, where anything was possible. And then, it came true. Now I have my own magical world. Sorry, you probably don't care. I'm rambling."

"No, that's really cool. Will you, well I mean, could you read me a chapter?"

"Sure!" I said excitedly.

Ron sat next to me on the bed and closed his eyes.

"So right now Lucy's brother Edmund is meeting the evil queen, who's very persuasive."

Ron nodded and I began to read.

When I finished the end of the chapter I was struggling to stay awake. Ron pulled the book from my hands and closed it, laying it on the table.

I rolled over and laid my head on Ron's chest, draping an arm across his torso.

And I slept.

~~~~~

A/N: So this isn't super long but yeah

OMG I GOT THE CURSED CHILD AND I ALREADY READ THE WHOLE THING AND DJIEVNEWNDCPNEQIFNEQNRIVIFEGNVKQINCEKNIvFENQKINHV

alsooooooooo this story has reached 2K reads

aaaaaaaaaahhhhhhhhh

that's crazy

like crazyyyyy

So, to say thanks, I won't kill Liz. lol

Yea I was originally going to kill her cuz I mean I figured no one would read this

But now I'm not

K I'll stop blabbering but you should go check out my friend's amazing new book: nmoore_5021

Thanks for reading! (: