Chapter 11

On Saturday morning I walked with Ron into Hogsmeade while Harry went to meet Cho at some frilly tea shop.

Ron and I laughed about how uncomfortable Harry would be sitting in a huge pink chair while everyone around him was snogging. We were planning to catch up with him later in The Three Broomsticks, so I could tell him about an idea I had for an article he could write.

First I dragged Ron to Flourish and Blotts so I could get some new quills.

"They all look the same," he whined.

"They all write differently," I explained as I tested another.

Ron picked up a color changing quill and wrote "I'm bored" on a piece of parchment.

I responded with "Suck it up"and stuck my tongue out at him. Then I walked to the register to buy a few of the quills.

Next we walked to Honeydukes for some candy.

Ron pretended to curse me with a licorice wand while I scrambled around trying to find the chocolate frog I had set loose.

Feeling hyper from all the sugar, we visited Zonkos. It turned into an all out prank war, as we ran around the store with fizzing whizbees and other joke stuff. Ron bought a few things and I grabbed some stuff for Fred and George.

It was about time to visit Harry so we left for The Three Broomsticks. I ordered a butterbeer, but Ron didn't get anything. I found this strange, considering he never turned down something to eat.

As the waitress brought my drink over, Ron attempted to pay for it.

"No," I told him, "I've got it."

"No, no it's fine," he insisted.

Ron ended up paying.

"Thanks," I smiled at him.

"No big deal," he said waving it off.

Then I realized something, "Ron did you not get anything because you wanted to pay for me?"

Ron didn't have a lot of extra spending money, and he had already spent some at the previous stores.

He looked flustered, "O-of course not. Just thought it'd be nice."

I raised my eyebrow, "I did," he admitted, looking down, "I just sometimes wish I had more."

I took his hand in mine from across the table, "Ron, you didn't have to do that. You already do so much for me, so can I buy a drink for you?"

Ron nodded and I ordered a second Butterbeer.

I took a sip of my drink. "You've, um, got something," Ron said, pointing to his upper lip. I quickly picked up a napkin and wiped my upper lip.

I slowly leaned forward and brought my lips to his. He brought an arm around my back and pulled me close to him. We would've continued but Fred and George yelled from across the room, "Oi! Ickle Ronniekins, get a room!" Ron pulled away blushing hard.

We were complaining about Umbridge and her stupid rules when Harry walked in. I waved him over and he sat down angrily.

"What's wrong?" I asked him.

Harry put his head in his hands and let out a long sigh, "Cho," he finally said.

"Oh. What happened?" I asked tentatively.

"The tea shop was horrible. Everyone was snogging and I didn't know if I should try to kiss her so I didn't," Harry took a breath, "---and then she kept asking about Cedric. I told her I didn't want to talk about it, because who would? Then she started to cry and I tried to soothe her but I just spilled tea everywhere---," another breath, "That made her laugh a little and things were going well until I asked her if she wanted to come with me to go see you, and I guess I should've mentioned Ron, why didn't I mention Ron? Then she totally blew up and stormed out."

"Woah," Ron breathed, and I couldn't help but agree.

"Woah," I said.

I gathered myself, "Well, think of it this way Harry. She's probably still really upset about Cedric. He was her boyfriend and when she started liking you she probably felt really guilty. She's probably really curious too, no one knows much about that night except you. I can understand you're not wanting to relive it, but you can't be angry with her for wanting to know," Harry tried to object but I held a finger up, "And then, and this one is your fault, you mentioned me. Harry she's jealous! The other day she thought you and I were dating!" Ron sat up straight and put an arm around my shoulders, "She probably thought you'd rather hang out with me than her. Yes, you should've mentioned Ron. Even better, you could've said you were meeting 'friends'."

I figured Harry had gotten the point so I stopped talking.

"I guess you're right," Harry muttered.

Ron nudged me, "Why is Luna walking over here?"

"Hello Elizabeth, you wanted to speak with me?" Luna said dreamily.

"Yes! So glad you're here Luna, please sit down," I said happily.

I took a long sip of drink, preparing for another long speech.

"What's this about?" Ron asked, and Harry gave me a confused look.

"Well the other day Umbridge was accusing you of being a liar, Harry, and for a while now I've been thinking about how no one knows about the night of the Triwizard tournament. Take Cho, for example. I know it's going to be hard for you to talk about it, and we'll all be here for you," I finished, giving Harry a smile.

"Liz, why is it going to be hard for me to talk about it? I'm going to be talking about it?" Harry asked.

"And what's Luna doing here?" Ron asked wearily.

Guess I skipped over some important details.

I laughed at my rush to explain the plan, and then rummaged through my bag.

"You all remember Rita Skeeter?" I asked them.

Luna nodded and Harry and Ron scowled at the thought of the foul reporter.

"Well, here she is," and I pulled out the glass jar from my bag. A little black beetle scurried up and down the bottom of the jar.

"Allow me to explain," I said in response to their incredulous faces, "Remember how there are several unregistered Animagi? Here's one of them. That's how she was spying on everybody and writing such embarrassing stories. I was able to find her spying on Dumbledore at the beginning of the school year, and have been keeping her here ever since."

Harry and Ron stared at me, utterly and completely dumbfounded. Luna however, didn't look the least bit surprised.

"You're kidding," Harry mused.

"Bloody hell you're scary," Ron said, looking frightened.

"Anyway," I said glaring at Ron, "I've promised to let her go if she'll write a completely unbiased article about the night Cedric died, under supervision of course. Harry you'll give her the information and that way everyone will believe you. No one will question your sanity and hopefully Umbridge will leave you alone. Luna, I was hoping that you could publish the article in The Quibbler."

I knew not many people read the odd magazine, but maybe it would still get some publicity.

"I'm sure my father would be happy to," she smiled at me.

"Ok then, Harry are you alright with this?" I asked.

"Guess so," Harry said shaking his head in disbelief.

As we walked back to the castle Ron whispered to me, "You're kind of a genius."

I blushed, "Thought I was scary," I teased.

"That too," he laughed.

I kissed Ron's cheek and we caught up with Harry and Luna.

~~~~~

A/N: Omg this chapter is sooooooooo long. Hope you enjoy!

Thanks for reading! (: