Chapter 8

I woke up the next morning to Ginny jumping at the end of my mattress.
"Come on! It's Christmas!" she yelled.
I grumbled at her, but smiled to myself. Christmas morning always seemed magical, wizards or not.
I threw on a pair of black leggings and a simple red dress. I wore my hair down and ran a brush through it.
As I was brushing my teeth I remembered last night. I grinned stupidly and Ginny caught me.
"Can't you hurry-- why are you smiling?" She said, raising an eyebrow.
"Oh, nothing. Just excited," I said back.
She elbowed me and we headed downstairs.
I saw Harry first and gave him a huge hug, "Merry Christmas Harry!" I yelled.
"Merry Christmas," he yelled back.
I greeted everyone in the Burrow, some people twice, with hugs and a "Merry Christmas!"
Finally I found Ron, who was munching on a biscuit (of course), "Hey Ron, Merry Christmas!" I yelled.
He swallowed quickly, "Merry Christmas, again," he said blushing.
I blushed too and gave him a quick hug.
We all sat down for breakfast and exchanged gifts.
I got a pair of gloves from Mrs. Weasley, a set of notebooks from my parents, a new quill from Harry, a new book from Ginny, some Zonkos stuff from Fred and George, and a really pretty pair of earrings with books on them from Ron.
"Thank you," I said to him, kissing his cheek.
"Oh, sure, Ginny helped me pick them out. Thanks for the broom cleaning set!" He said back.
I smiled and then went to find Harry.
"What's up?" I asked him when I found him sitting in Ron's room.
"I almost opened it, the door I mean, in my dream," Harry said.
"What do you think is in there?" I asked, sitting next to him.
"I don't know, but I don't think it's just a dream. Especially after what happened with Ron's dad. It's like I need whatever is behind the door, like my life, or his life?, depends on it," Harry sighed.
"We need to get back to Hogwarts so I can look in the library for a book on dreams," I said seriously.
Harry laughed.
"What? I'm serious!" I said defensively.
"That's just such a Liz thing, always going to the library. Relying on the books," Harry said teasingly.
I couldn't help but laugh with him.
Just then Ron came in, "There you guys are. What're you doing?" He raised an eyebrow suspiciously.
"Just snogging," I replied indifferently.
Ron looked horrified and Harry was dying of laughter.
"Just kidding, you just looked so suspicious," I laughed.
Ron nervously laughed and we all headed downstairs.
~~~~~
A/N: I know this is not exactly how the book goes, but I'm just kinda doing my own thing.
Thanks for reading! (: