Chapter 15

I woke up in a white bed with a nurse beside me taking my temperature with her wand.

"Where am I?" I asked.

"Oh! You're awake, let me go get the doctor," she said, and walked out of the room.

The doctor came in and I noticed his name tag, I was at St. Mungo's.

"What am I doing here?" I asked, harsher than intended.

"You were cursed with an extremely dangerous spell," the doctor explained, "We've been waiting for you to wake up."

"How long have I been here?"

"About 18 hours."

"Can I be discharged?"

"We just need to run a few more tests."

Then I remembered something, "Where are my friends?" I asked frantically.

The doctor looked confused, "You were the only one brought here."

"Ok. I need to get back to Hogwarts, now. Thanks for taking care of me and I'll make sure any additional tests are done in the school hospital wing."

"I can't let you go yet," the doctor replied with an amused look on his face.

"Look, my boyfriend was attacked by a brain and my best friends are injured. I need to get going."

"I'm not entirely sure what you're talking about but I do know Nurse Pomfrey. I'll write her a note on how to care for you."

A few minutes later I was given a bit of Floo powder and sent to Hogwarts. I arrived in the headmaster's office.

"Hello Ms. Brookes, the hospital told me you would be arriving," Dumbldore said.

"You're back," I gasped.

"I am," he nodded and waved his hand for me to leave. I felt extremely weak, and I still wasn't completely certain of what had happened to me. I walked as quickly as I could to the hospital wing, and when I got there I felt dizzy.

"Liz!" Ginny greeted me, waving from a bed with a bottle of Skelegrow on the table.

Madam Pomfrey bustled into the room, "You are not supposed to be up! Get in a bed this instant!"

She plopped me onto a bed and gave me a potion that was supposed to help my exhaustion. Then she toddled back to her office muttering about what we would do without her.

I scrambled out of bed and hugged Ginny tightly.

"How are you?" I asked.

"Better, my ankle is being mended. How are you? We were worried."

"I think I'm alright, all I remember is trying to help Ron," my eyes went wide. "Where are the others?"

"They're further down, go see them. Luna and Neville have already been let out," she said.

I walked down the rows of beds until I came to a curtain.

"Are you guys in there?"

"Yes," Harry called.

I pulled open the curtain to see Ron laying in a bed with Harry at his side. Ron had bruises all up his arms and around his neck from the brain tentacles, he appeared to be asleep.

"Harry!" I whispered-yelled, running to him.

I hugged him tight and he hugged me back. "Glad you're ok," he mumbled.

"What happened while I was unconscious?"

Harry didn't get to answer though because Ron stirred beside us.

"Liz!" he smiled. "You're alright!"

I bent down next to Ron, "I was so worried that the brain would strangle you. How'd you get it off?" I brushed Ron's hair to the side of his forehead.

Ron sat up, "The order came and helped me escape. They fought off the Death Eaters and You-Know-Who came. The ministry showed up and the remaining death eaters and You-Know-Who fled. Dumbledore came and had this huge battle with You-Know-Who because he was possessing Harry. Oh, and the prophecy was smashed, Harry's some sort of 'Chosen One'."

That was a lot of information to process, and I still had so many questions. I decided I'd get more details later.

"Well I'm glad everyone's okay," I said hugging Ron, careful to avoid the bruises.

"I was so worried about you, they didn't tell us they were taking you to St. Mungo's," Ron whispered.

I kissed his cheek, "It's okay. I'm here now."

I sat on the edge of the bed, feeling a bit dizzy again.

"We've got to tell her," Ron said sadly to Harry.

"Tell me what?"

"Sirius is dead," Harry said, sadness and anger displayed on his face.

Tears welled in my eyes, Harry's only family member was dead.

"It was Bellatrix, his own cousin," Harry whispered.

"I'm so sorry," I choked.

I went over to Harry and hugged him, crying softly into his shoulder.

"He's all I had left."

I looked up and straight into Harry's eyes, "No, you have us."

~~~~~

A/N: Hope this was ok. Sorry the last half of the battle wasn't there.

Thanks for reading! (: