Chapter 30

"He's not coming back, Liz. We've got to go," Harry said gently.

I was standing next to the tree Ron had Disapparated by. I had tied my scarf to the tree, in case he came back. 

I took Harry's hand and we apparated to a small mountainside. My eyes filled with tears, he was really gone. I wiped them away with my sleeve, Harry placed a hand on my shoulder.

Harry cast protection spells while I set up the tent. 

Neither of us spoke later that night. I sat by the fireplace, listening to a radio, while Harry laid on his bed. Harry stood up suddenly and walked over to me. He pulled the locket from my neck and threw it onto a chair. He held out a hand, and I took it. I stood up and Harry walked me to the center of the tent.

"Close your eyes," he whispered. I did as he said and a few seconds later I felt a pillow hit me in the side of my face.

"Harry Potter, you did not just start a pillow fight," I grinned, reaching  for my pillow.

Harry replied by hitting me again. We chased each other around the tent and attacked each other with pillows. At one point I made the stupid mistake of throwing mine, which Harry caught swiftly.

"I've got you now," he smirked. 

I squealed and tried to get away, but he had two pillows and I had none. I grabbed my wand off of a table and conjured all of the pillows to fly into the air. Decorative pillows, chair cushions, and the pillows we had been fighting with hovered above the floor.

Harry frowned, "That's cheating."

"You never said no magic," I smiled.

Before Harry could reach for his wand I sent my army of my pillows flying at him. They knocked him over and he fell to the ground. 

"I win!" I declared, laughing.

Harry groaned from under the mountain of feathers. I magicked them back to where they were supposed to go. 

I helped Harry up. 

What were we doing? We were on a serious mission, our friend had just left. 

Harry must've noticed my change of expression, because he pulled me into a hug. 

-----

One morning, Harry was taking a nap in the tent and I was reading outside. I found a strange symbol written in the corner of the book Dumbledore had given me. It looked sort of like an eye, although it was triangular. 

"Liz!" I heard Harry shout, he came sprinting out of the tent. "Look! Look what I found on the snitch!" 

Harry sat down beside me and waved the golden ball in front of my face. 

The words: I open at the close, were engraved in the side of it.

"You know how you said they have flesh memories? They do, but I didn't catch it with my hands, I almost swallowed it," Harry said.

"What do you think it means?" I asked.

"I have no idea," Harry shrugged. 

We studied the strange encryption for a few minutes before I announced my findings.

"I found something too," I started, showing Harry the strange symbol in the book. "It looks like it was inked in, drawn by hand."

"I've seen that before... in my dream! That symbol was on a sign in my dream. It was also on Mr. Lovegood's necklace at the wedding!" Harry exclaimed.