Chapter 4

Ron noticed us first, "Harry! Liz! There you--"

He didn't get to finish though, because I was in his arms kissing him. Ron froze in shock at first, but then he slowly wrapped his arms around me and kissed back. I felt him smile into the kiss and I heard several people whistle. A chorus of finally's echoed from Harry, Ginny, Fred, and George.

I pulled away. Ron's cheeks were red and my face felt hot. "Congratulations," I whispered.

"Thanks," Ron grinned.

"To the Queen!" Ginny cheered, and everyone shouted.

"That was unnecessary," I laughed, pulling her into a hug.

"I know. It was mostly to embarrass my brother. Hey, were you at the game?"

I lowered my voice, "No, but don't tell Ron yet. Hagrid wanted us, he's keeping a giant in the woods."

Ginny's eyes widened, "A real giant?"

I nodded.

Our group of joyful Gryffindors walked to the common room for a celebration. Fred, George, and Lee somehow sneaked Butterbeer into the room and they poured everyone a glass while advertising for their shop.

"Try our Puking Pastilles and Nosebleed Nougats! They'll get you out of class anytime!"

I stood with Ron as he told stories of his amazing saves, each retelling getting slightly more heroic. He wrapped an arm around my waist, keeping me close to him.

"I'm going to go grab another drink, I'll be right back." I told him.

Ginny found me as I was refilling my glass.

"Hey, if Ron ever hurts you, tell me and I'll punch him," Ginny joked lightheartedly, but the look in her eyes said that she was serious.

I laughed. "You'll be the first to know," I assured her.

I saw Harry sitting on the steps and made my way over to him.

"I do not fancy Ron, by the way," Harry teased, mocking my voice.

I blushed and Harry chuckled.

"Seems like you took quite an interest in him tonight," Harry snickered.

"Shut up," I said, rolling my eyes.

"Should we tell him that we weren't there?" Harry asked.

"Probably, but let's not tell him now. It'll ruin his fun."

"He sure has had a lot of fun." Harry elbowed me.

"Enough," I groaned.

"Fine, fine."

"Hey, I think it's really great that you're supporting Ron. It must be hard not being able to play."

Harry just shrugged, looking at his feet. "I'm gonna go to bed, it's getting late," he said.

"Okay, night."

He waved and trudged up the steps.

I went back over to Ron. He was animatedly explaining how he had saved the ball from the other team's Chaser to whoever would listen.

Ron saw me standing to the side and pulled me over.

"Did you see when I almost fell off my broom? I recovered of course, but I thought I was done for!" Ron looked expectantly at me.

"Yeah, that was pretty scary."

Ron ran his fingers through his hair, giving it a wind-blown look.

"I think I'm going to go upstairs, I still need to study," I yawned.

"Goodnight," Ron said, hugging me.

Ron smelled like warm spices (particularly cinnamon), butterbeer, and faintly of grass.

"You smell really good," I mused. "Oh my god, did I just say that out loud?"

Ron laughed at me and I felt myself turn red.

I fell asleep with thoughts of red hair and cinnamon.

~~~~~

A/N: ITS SO LATE I'M PROBABLY WRITING NONSENSE RIGHT NOW IDEK

Thanks for reading! (: