{3} Troublemaker

"You turned the page, I burned the book..."
-Unknown
~~~

THE bell for lunch had rung, indicating that 4th period was over.

Cassie slipped her bag over her shoulder again and pushed past the crowd of people. She got to her locker and sighed, happy that no one had found out who she really is.

But then he had to scream her name. "Cassandra!" People frowned their eyes at her as Scott ran over to her, his smirk still on his face.

"What?" She snapped and pulled out the books for her next lesson.

"Have you got somewhere to eat this lunch?" He leaned against the locker beside her and winked at the group of girls on the opposite side of the hall. Cassie rolled her eyes and scoffed as she closed her locker and stuffed her books in her bag.

"What?" He grinned at her, wiggling his eyebrows. "Somebody jealous?" Scott sang.

She chuckled lowly and playfully shoved him away from her.

"So what's your answer?" Scott placed his arm around her shoulder and pulled her into his chest, Cassie ignoring the heat that sparked through her chest.

"No I haven't." Cassie said, irritated but Scott grinned widely and led her to the courtyard.

"Then you can sit with me." Scott sat on the table near the field with two other boys and as they walked towards the table, she heard some boys whistle at her.

"Oh god." She muttered.

"You're hot. Don't be shy." Scott smirked and she blushed, looking away, hoping that Scott wouldn't see it. Thankfully, he didn't.

"Hey man." One of them said and gave him a bro hug while the other just nodded at Scott. "Who's this pretty little thang?"

Cassie cringed and looked away. "Avery and Lewis, this is Cassandra."

"I prefer Cassie though." She chided, focusing her gaze around the canteen.

Lewis frowned at her. "I've heard that name before."

"Cassandra Diaz." She stated, more confidently, and Avery gasped exaggeratedly but his eyes glimmered in amusement.

"Why you bringing her here?" Lewis asked, narrowing his grey eyes.

"Don't tell me you believe that crap." Scott took a seat and gripped onto Cassie's wrist, dragging her down beside him.

"Her own best friend said them."

A pang of pain hit Cassie and she felt tears beginning to build up but she found the courage to blink away the tears and narrow her eyes into sharp murderous slits.

"They're not true." Cassie found herself saying.

"What?" Lewis raised his eyes at her.

"None of them are true. I came back to finish senior year and finish this shit. Anything she said is because she's a jealous bitch." Cassie snapped. "Just like the rest of that group."

Her eyes flew over to the group of cheerleaders as they laughed and gossiped. She remembered once upon a time that she was sitting with them, in the same uniform with the same fake smile. She remembered it clearly and now she wished for it to disappear from her mind.

"She was just jealous that I was able to get with someone without opening my legs for them."

Scott and Avery howled in laughter while Lewis gave her a impressive smirk. "Well Cassie," Cassie looked at Scott, who had a smirk on. "Welcome to the group."