{34} Those Three Years

"Didn't give you what you want,
Gave you what you need.
You beg me 'please, baby, baby, don't leave'.
I hope you find what you're looking for."
-Find What You're Looking For, Oliva O'Brien
~~~

EARLY January, the sun was shimmering over the beautiful coloured horizon, the blue sky looking clearly than ever. It felt as if it had been decades since she saw Scott and it made her lonely and sad. His presence had brought light in her life and she wanted to kiss the daylight out of him.

After New Years, Scott was shipped off to parties after parties due to the fact that his father was releasing a new oil brand. He wasn't entirely close to his father as he once told Cassie but he was the heir to the company therefore he had to make an appearance at these events.

The first week back after holidays, Scott wasn't present since he was in England, visiting his grandparents, so while Isla and Lewis, Ava and Avery were all talking and laughing about, Cassie was silent, her appetite lost as she thought about Scott. It was the second week back, a bright Wednesday morning and Cassie was going for her daily running at six in the morning.

Scott still hadn't arrived even though he said he would on Sunday. So Cassie chose to miss Monday and Tuesday, not feeling motivated or productive and just wanted to lazy in. She panted as she ran back through the park. It was quiet and peaceful, the sun barely reaching the sky yet still had the brightest light. Sweaty and tired, she walked over to a table in front of the lake and sat down, exhaling tiredly. Her body sagged and she allowed herself in that moment to feel weak and defenceless. Then that moment was ruined.

"Cassandra?"

Her head shot up and looked over her shoulder. She was so stupid thinking that she could get away and ignore the past by avoiding it but she never will. She remained sitting as he walked over to her, stiffening her posture and masking her emotions.

He watched her carefully, doubtfully, wondering where the girl he once loved had gone as he took a seat opposite her.

You broke her, his subconscious reminded him of what he done and guilt was clear on his face.

"Isaac," She said, her voice heavy with exhaustion.

She quickly took him in, his messy blonde hair and his bright pale blue eyes, not dark and mysterious like Scott's, but bright with light and playfulness, though the light dimmed since the last time they met face to face. He had gone running too, it was something they both used to do when they were dating, but now they do it alone, wallowing in their pain.

"It's been so long," He breathed out, eyes skimming over her voluptuous body, reminding him of what he had lost, and it made him curse himself for letting her go.

"Maybe that's what I wanted." She bit back.

He raised an eye in amusement. "Trying to avoid me?"

She scoffed, rolling her eyes. "I didn't need to try and avoid you, you did that yourself when you ran away."

He snorted. "Don't act so innocent. You ran away too when things turned out wrong."

"Turned out wrong?" She said, biting back a yell. "Things were wrong. But now I'm back."

"What's your game, Cassie?"

She smirked like a vixen and Isaac couldn't help but be a bit surprised as mischief flashed through her hazel eyes. The girl who once loved him was gone and instead was replaced by a temptress in love with the bad boy. She didn't even need to say anything because he could see it whenever they looked at each other.