{30} Sisters until the end

"The saddest thing about betrayal
is that it never comes from your enemies."
-Unknown
~~~

A few days after her date with Scott, Cassandra finally built up the courage to head back to the ballet studio she left 3 years ago. It had been ages since she last danced in a studio, nowadays she liked to be alone and by herself. Her hair was neatly tied up in a bun so that she could avoid it getting in her way when she danced. Her leotard was backless with lace fabric arms and she wore light pink ballet shoes.

She stepped into the empty dance studio, her reflection staring down at her from every angle but it didn't scare her, instead it made her nostalgic

She stepped into the empty dance studio, her reflection staring down at her from every angle but it didn't scare her, instead it made her nostalgic. Placing her bag to the side on a chair, she walked over to the stereo near the chair and connected her phone to the aux cord. Scrolling down her playlists, she found the perfect song: Reminiscent by Yiruma.

The soft and melodic sound of the piano played in the background as she stood in the middle of the studio. Cassandra danced with no care or thought. She was graceful, poise and elegant. Her movements were fluid and precise, she made no mistakes. One of her foot rested on the ground, carrying her body weight while the other extended directly behind the body with a straight knee.

She broke out of that position and went into another then another then another, dancing her heart out. The piano came to an end and she decided to end the dance with a pirouette. Cassie breathed out heavily as she held her final position and stared at the girl in the mirror then she heard slow claps and finally noticed Celia leaning against the doorway, watching Cassandra.

"Still as good as you were 3 years ago." Celia said as Cassandra looked away and walked over to bag, taking her grey joggers out and putting them on, over her leotard.

"Why are you here?" Cassie asked as she changed her shoes from ballet shoes to plain black flats.

Celia shrugged. "Mom asked if I could drop a package off."

"Why are you here?" Cassie said a bit more firmly.

Celia smirked and crossed her arms over her chest. "I heard the song and wanted to see who was dancing. I was curious."

"Well, take your curiosity and fuck off." Cassie bit back as she disconnected her phone form the stereo.

Celia scoffed and walked closer to Cassandra. "Why are you being like this, Cass? We were best friends once upon a time."

"Exactly, we were. Past tense."

"I'm sorry, Cass. I made a mistake. I was young and stupid and jealous." Celia said and Cassie scoffed.

"There is no justification for what you did to me. Not only did you sleep with my boyfriend, you fucked up my life after finding out he didn't want to be with you and regretted that night." Cassie snarled before laughing bitterly. "And that's only half of what happened that made me hate your fucking guts."

Celia scowled. "I'm fucking sorry, Cassandra. But you getting revenge isn't going to make anything better. Why sink down to my level?"

"Why do what you did in the first place?" Cassandra snapped. "Unlike you, I'm not jealous. I'm angry and hurt that my best friend, the one girl I trusted my life with, stabbed me in the back."

Celia's shoulders slugged in disappointment as she looked away but even then Cassandra knew Celia didn't regret what she had done, and Cassie hated that she knew that. Celia had no morals, she had to get everything she wanted even if meant turning her back on her best friend.

"I was angry that you left me, Cassie." Celia suddenly said, desperately trying to attempt to convince Cassie to not expose her. Celia carried on when she realised that Cassie wasn't going to say anything. "You left me to go with your boyfriend, you stopped hanging around with me, you thought they were better. I got so fucking angry."

"That's was your first mistake, Celia." Cassie stated, emotionless hazel eyes glaring down at the French girl. "Isaac told me you were saying stuff and I didn't want to believe him that my own best friend was saying that stuff. But he was the one that told me to stay away because he didn't want me to get hurt."

"I was your best friend. Why did you listen to him?"

"I didn't want to but then I heard you one day after practice when I came to hang out with you. You called me a slut. You said that I was fucking around because I had mommy and daddy issues. Then I heard more rumours you been saying about me after talking to some of your 'friends'."

Celia sucked in a sharp breath of air when Cassie's eyes penetrated into hers, holding her eyes in challenging gaze.

"Cass-"

"You lost me that day."

"You said to me, Cassie, that you'd never leave me. You'd never go if you find someone better. I was so fucking angry that day because you stopped talking to me." Celia rambled on, trying to justify why she did what she did but even she knew that what happened in the past could never be justified.

"You promised me you never hurt me, you promised me." She hissed, not even acknowledging the tears rushing down her cheeks. "And if you get revenge, you're just going to break that promise. The Cassie I knew never liked to break her promises."

"No see, that's where you're going wrong again." Cassie said monotonously, not even phased by Celia's tears. "I don't make those promises anymore. Not since we made those promises to have each other's back. Not since the one person I trusted most in this world couldn't keep a single one. We were best friends. Your jealousy ruined you, Celia. So you ruined me when I had everything you didn't, and you expect me to keep a promise you broke years ago?"

"Forgive me, Cassandra. I'm so sorry for everything I did. It was a stupid, stupid mistake. Please forgive me." Celia cried out in one last attempt but Cassie didn't listen, she didn't care about Celia's false apologise and cries.

Cassie laughed, but it's a harsh, shrill sound. "You really expect me to forgive you? After what you did? How naive are you?"

The laughter turned into unshed tears, her cheeks becoming flush as all her emotions began to slip through the cracks but Cassandra did everything she could do to keep them hidden.

"You've turned me into a mess, and you expect me to forgive you?" Cassie tried to wipe mascara and unshed tears of her face but she just smudged it even more. "I can't believe you."

Slinging her bag over her shoulder, she spun on her heels and began to walk away. Every step was a step away from her past and a step towards her future. She was ready to get justice for the shit Celia had put her through.

"I thought we were sister until the end," Celia said suddenly as she watched the Hispanic make her way out of the studio. Cassie flinched at that promise but carried on walking, ignoring the pain in her heart. Before she could leave, the blonde called out. "What happened to that?"

Cassie stopped mid way but didn't turn to look at the blonde for if she did she was afraid that she would burst into never ending tears. Then moments later, the brunette turned around and with cold and dead eyes, she glared at Celia. This was it, every tie that they had between each other unlaced until they were both free of their promises.

"Don't you see, Celia? This is the end."

••••
Next chapter will be based around Christmas and New Years.

LMB