{23} Natural

"Why don't you fuck what your heard, baby?"
-The Weeknd, Gone
~~~

CASSIE had her head laid on Scott's lap as he ran his fingers through her hair while they watched the rest of their friends mess around with the hose pipe in Avery's garden.

After school they all decided to go chill out with each other so Avery raised the idea of them coming over to his. His house wasn't as big as Cassie's but it was mansion, seeing that his father was a well respected lawyer in California. So that's how they ended up here.

Their friends were drenched in water, the girls squealing as Avery and Lewis chased them around with water guns and a hose pipe. Scott and Cassie was sitting on the lush grass, allowing the sun to warm up their body naturally. Her head was on his lap as he leaned back, shades covering his beautiful blue eyes.

His fingers were still running through her hair when he asked. "Why did you dye your hair brown? I thought it was red."

"It was red," She answered, turning her body so that she was facing up and was able to see him. "But even then that wasn't my natural colour."

Scott frowned. "What do you mean?"

"I had natural blonde hair. Like Celia expect mine was still lighter than hers. I dyed it dark red when I was fourteen because she suggested it would suit me better."

Scott's eyes shot up in surprise. "You were a blonde."

Cassie nodded. "A true blonde."

"Holy fuck. You would make a fucking good looking blonde." Scott gushed, causing red spots on her cheeks to form.

"Thanks."

Then he frowned once again. She didn't like seeing him frown but didn't think too much over it because she got distracted by the way his lip piercing glittered in the sunlight. She wanted to roll her tongue over it and feel it in her mouth, she wanted to taste him once again.

"So you dyed your hair red because Celia said?" Cassie nodded sadly. "Did you not find that suspicious? I mean, did you not think that she was feeling jealous because you suit blonde better than her."

"By the time I realised, it was too late. I couldn't go back to my natural blonde." She said, sorrowfully. "Therefore, after I left, I decided brunette would look better than dark red."

Scott smirked. "Well, I do agree with you. It's sexy and dangerous."

She snorted as he lent down and captured her lips just as she was hoping he would. Her tongue grazed over his lip piercing and gasped as he tugged at her hair, causing her to lean up and press her lips against his harder.

That feeling of home and safety embraced her like a warm blanket and it felt so natural to kiss him. There was no fears, no worries, no heartbreak. It was just this bubble and she liked that, she didn't want to ruin that. Scott pulled back and have a her a breathtaking smile, small dimples revealing on the corner of his lips.

"Hey lovebirds," Ava snorted with a smirk. "Aren't you going to play?"

Cassie snorted back. "And ruin my outfit? No way. I'm fine here."

Ava rolled her eyes and carried on playing again, squealing when Avery wrapped his arm around her waist, smothering her neck with soft little kisses. Cassie smiled subconsciously, making Scott smile when he saw her eyes lighten up with joy. Isla snickered as Lewis sent her a glare when she dropped water on his head, drenching his nicely brushed out hair.

"How did you meet Lewis and Avery?" Cassie inquired, not breaking her gaze from her friends.

Scott chuckled. "I've know Lewis since we were young. I was eleven and a trouble maker when Lewis came into my life, balancing it out. His mom was a close friends with mine so we saw each other nearly every other day. We went to the same school, we met Avery when we were thirteen, he was sent to detention after planting a paint bomb on his French teacher. After meeting us, he couldn't stay away, always pestering us and pranking us. So bloody annoying."

Scott laughed, throwing his head back as he reminisced on the memory. "Lewis gave up and so did I. Soon, we were best mates."

Cassie snickered. "He's still annoying."

"I heard that!" Avery said suddenly, causing Cassie to jump slightly before sticking out her tongue playfully at him. Avery sulked, causing Ava to snort in amusement and coo at him as if he was a baby.

"You're really lucky to have met them." Cassie whispered in dismay. Her tone was laced with bitter sadness and the hard truth. Scott was grateful for his friends. He was really blessed because he believed he'd be alone forever. Scott glanced down at the brunette and frowned, causing his eyes to wrinkle down slightly.

"I am but so are you." He retorted. "You found Ava and Isla, two girls who are willing to put up with your shit. Those are true friends."

Cassie gave a small smile at the sound of her friends names. "They are, aren't they?"

Scott leaned down and placed a gentle kiss on her forehead, chuckling when he felt her shudder with pleasure in his arms. Her brilliant hazel eyes locked with his and Scott sucked in a sharp breath as he got stuck in a trace as known as her beauty.

"You have us, Cassie. Don't shy from us, don't hide who you truly are." He captured her lips, twining his fingers through her thick locks. "Don't shy from me."

And he kissed her as if they were the last being on earth.

IDA was waiting at the airport, her blonde hair tied up in a messy bun as she nervously pulled on the hems of her shirt. She glanced up and looked around for the tenth time in five minutes, slightly paranoid that someone was watching her.

She kicked the marble tiled ground impatiently as she glanced around the busy airport, trying to find the person she's looking for. There were so many people at the airport, she couldn't pinpoint the exact person she wanted. A gate opened further a head and she sighed when she realised its not the gate that they were coming from. Then, almost as quiet as a mouse, she heard her name being called from a far.

"Ida!" The person shouted. Her head shot up and surveyed the airport until she found the person she had been looking for. Like the excited person she was, she shot up to her feet like a bullet and ran down, falling into the person's embrace quicker than the speed of light.

They chuckled huskily and gruffly as if they'd just been woken up from sleep. She closed her eyes and sighed in a deep thoughtful way, smuggling closer to them.

"God, I've missed you." Ida said, looking up to meet a similar pair of blue eyes but more masculine and hard.

"I'm missed you too, little sis."

She smiled happily as he tucked a strand of hair behind her ear and gently kissed the top her head. She really missed him. It had been too long. More like 3 years too long.

••••
Last day before half term and I'm much excited. Today, we have a double period for Interform Rounders and that's really chill.

Hope you all have a good half term.

Stay awesome x

LMB