{8} Partners

"Last night I dreamt, that somebody loved me. No hope no harm. Just another false alarm."
-The Smiths
~~~

DURING Sunday evening, after working the whole morning with her dad with his office work, she decided to ring up Scott and find out what he's doing but after several of calls, she frowned and decided to call Avery to find out where he is.

"Why do you want to know?" Avery asked, a teasing tone lacing in his voice.

She scolded him. "Just answer the fucking question, Avery."

He chuckled but answered her anyways. "Feisty much. He's at the downtown arena. He's probably working out or boxing."

She raised her eyes in surprise but muttered a quick thank you to Avery before hanging up then getting changed. She threw on a ripped black jean and stripped crop top with a black leather jacket before pulling her ankle boots on then grabbing her phone off her vanity as she left the room.

"Where you going sweetheart?"  George asked as she passed his office, peering over his Mac laptop.

"Out." She muttered before leaving the house.

She got into one of her favourite cars. A beautiful black Lexus, shining in the moonlight as if liquid onyx had been poured over it. As she started the car, she got a call from Celia which surprised her because the day she left, Celia had erased her from all her contacts. She already blue toothed her phone to her car so as she answered Celia's call, her irritating voice rang out the car speakers as Cassie drove to the downtown arena.

"Hello?" Celia said. "Cassandra, are you there?"

"Yes. What do you want?"

"I just wanted to know why you back. What is the purpose of you coming back?" Her voice was agitated, uneven.

Cassie smirked, she liked hearing her like this, like she was fearing for Cassie's return. And Celia had been. She'd been dreading it for the last 3 years.

"Why does it matter Celia? You're the most popular girl at school. Why would I want to take that from you?" Cassie began, stopping her car on the flashing red lights and watching the cars on the left road drive past her, some people gazing at her car in awe.

"Anyways, Celia La Rose, that's not my goal. And you know it. I have no care for your popularity or friends so don't you dare make this about it. We both know why I'm actually back. We both know that what everyone thinks why I'm back is bullshit. Only the three of us know the truth."

Cassandra could hear Celia's heavy tensed breathing, her sharp inhaling and exhaling, as she drove down the dainty, quiet road. Streets lights blinking as their lights die down and the only sound around was faint gunshots but this didn't scare Cassie. She's heard worse. As she parked in front of the arena, she looked down at her phone, her screen blinking Celia's name.

"I don't know why you are trying to ruin my life Cassie," Cassie let out bitter laugh. "But if you say anything or do anything I will ruin you."

Cassie smirked. "No sweetheart, this time I'm ruining you."

And she hung up, disconnecting the call and her phone from the car as she got out, locking the car, and entered the arena, her phone tucked in her jacket. A faint sound of grunts echoed throughout the building as Cassie made her way towards the sound. There in the back, standing on a blue huge mat while punching a boxing bag, was Scott, sweat dropping down his face, shirtless as he punched the bag, his muscles flexing.

Cassandra had to hold in a moan, her boots making a faint clink sound against the stoned floor, when she saw his muscles ripple and flex every time his fist connected with the punching bag.