03

Kiko woke up around 10 and just laid around her living room until she remembered Bolin. "Oh crap." She shot up and ran to her bedroom to get ready. It was around 11 when there was a knock at the door.

She jogged towards it and opened it. "Bolin, hey." Kiko said. "Am I early?" Bolin asked. "No, no. Come in."

"Let me just put on my shoes and we can leave."

After Kiko did so, they left the room and went down the elevator, into the lobby.

Kiko greeted the lobby man like she always did and left the apartment complex. "Pro - bending match tonight! If you are interested to see who is playing, come forward." Everyone walked passed him, but Kiko took interest.

"Hello miss lady." He winked. "Interested?" Kiko nodded. He handed Kiko a flier and it said that that the Ember Island Eel Hounds were going to go against the Harbor Town Hog Monkeys. Whoever wins that match, goes to the finale which is next week.

"Are these the only two that will be playing tonight?" Kiko asked him. "No, but that's the main event. Whoever wins this match will go to the finale, like it says."

Kiko thanked him then looked at the flier.

"This is the team that's playing tonight." Kiko handed Bolin the flier. "It's at eight." Bolin said.

"Still wanna go?" Kiko asked. "Of course." Bolin said.

"Okay. When we get done with the little tour, you can come by me and Mako's place and just chill there." Kiko nodded.

Kiko folded the paper and put it in her bag.

"It's better once we get further into the city."

They walked for several minutes before Bolin pointed to the statue of Avatar Aang.

"Aang." I smiled. "Yeah. I would always come and go to the edge of the railing and sit and just take a look at him with Mako when we were on the streets . It looks cool at night."

Kiko was confused at what he said. Did they live on the streets?, she thought.

They walked around a bit more and Kiko was enjoying the little mini tour he was giving her. They both began to grow hungry so they stopped at a small diner.

"You haven't been here before, have you?"

"Nope." Kiko popped the P.

Bolin smiled then turned to their waiter. "I'll have two of your specials, please."

He nodded then left.

"So, Sakiko. Tell me about yourself." Bolin winked.

"Really?" Kiko raised an eyebrow. "Smooth."

He laughed. "Oh come on."

"Well, what do you wanna know?"

"Stuff that I don't already know. Like you're favorite color, stuff like that."

"You really want to know that stuff?" Kiko asked. "Sure. I'll get to know more about you." Bolin said.

"My favorite color is actually the color of your brothers scarf."

"Really?" Bolin asked. "Yeah. And blue, it reminds me of my dad." Kiko's eyes saddened.

To change the subject, Kiko said. "So Bolin, tell me about yourself."

"Well, it may get dark, but me and Mako's parents died when we were young. They died by a firebender killing them. Mako did what he had to do to survive and protect me. we had to live on the streets until we got into pro bending. We lived in the arena too. Finally, we retired from it and Mako got a job as a police officer with Cheif Beifong."

Kiko stayed quite. She had no words.

The waiter came back with their drinks and food, placing them infront of them. "Enjoy." He walked away, leaving them to eat.

"Looks good?" Bolin asked. I nodded, picking up a fork. It was spaghetti. "This is their special? But, it's just pasta."

Bolin shrugged. "Leave them alone."

Kiko rolled her eyes in a playful manner.

It grew quiet until Kiko spoke. Kiko remembered the scarf. "The scarf was your fathers?"

Bolin nodded.

"I think it was harder for Mako than for me. He got into some stuff with some guys. Pulled some scams. Mako was in a bad place. But he had to get money some way. For me."

Kiko nodded, understanding.

"Mako was my whole world. And I was his. We only focused on each other."

"Bolin. You don't have to keep going."

He nodded. "Sorry."

"No, no. It's okay. I just don't want you to... tell me all of this personal stuff because I asked about you. You just met me."

"But, I trust you."

"How?"

"Because. I just do."'

"Thank you."

"Thank you for being trusting me just as quickly." Bolin said.

"It's not fair for you to say such personal things, so I'll go to." Kiko said. "My parents died when I was born. My dad died before I was born and my mom died while having me. I grew up with my grandparents, which wasn't so bad. I had a home. That's all I needed."

"You mentioned something about needing a break. What did you mean?" Bolin asked. "My grandparents are my everything, but I need to see new things and they didn't exactly understand that. I just need a break."

"From them?" Bolin asked. "From everything." Kiko said. "I need to start over, and this was a good place to start."

"Well, I hope this is your finish line."

Kiko smiled and they continued to eat their food.

Once they finished their food, they left. As they were walking to Bolin's place, Kiko faced Bolin. "Thanks for trusting me enough open up."

Bolin nodded.