Day 4 - Wednesday

Mario

"So, how you get Candice?" Xavier questions me as I keep my eyes on the entrance of the school doors, waiting to catch of Angela. She hasn't walked in yet.

I stand between my two friends, Xavier and Kyle, leaning against the lockers.

"I heard she let you hit?" Kyle grins, nodding his head in approval.

I grin at him, letting him entertain the thought that Candice let me have my way with her. My friends don't know the plan, because they talk too damn much and can screw up what Candice and I are trying to do. At this point, anyone could think what they want to.

"She ain't one of them." Xavier says, standing up for her. "She's the type of girl that is for the long term. Elliot fucked up letting her go."

I eye Xavier, but say nothing at all.

"Well now my boy has her and she ain't getting out his grip. You saw what happened at the party? He fucked Keisha and still end up walking out the door with Candice. My boy."

He tries to dab me up, but I ignore it completely. I wasn't trying to give off the impression that Candice is going for me cheating on her.

"It's not like that, Kyle. We didn't become official, until after the party. Candice is my girl. She didn't just let me hit." I remain expressionless, still keeping my eyes on the front door like a hawk.

"Aw, sorry man." Kyle quickly apologizes. "So, wait." He frowns up a little. "You are in a real relationship, like for real?" He sounds surprised.

I turn to him with a look of disbelief on my face. Like damn. Am I really that bad?

"Don't fuck it up." Xavier says, while looking towards the door.

I follow his gaze to see that Candice just walked in by herself with a closed smile on face. For a second, I'm stuck. She looks so pretty as she saunters into school. I watch her as she walks past Elliot, emotionless.

"My girl." I say, quietly. I feel so proud that she doesn't give him the satisfaction of giving him any attention.

*****

Candice

When walking into the school on Thursday morning, I had very little intentions of making up with Mario so quickly. In fact, I wanted to just put my hand around his neck and squeeze. When he sent me a text this morning asking me if I needed a ride to school, I completely ignored the text. I'm still upset at the fact that he's making me look like an idiot in front of Angela. It's hard enough to get him and her together, but he's making it more difficult.

As I walk down the hall, I see Mario with his friends acting a fool a little further down the hallway. They are standing against the lockers, laughing and checking out girls. Mario is most definitely the cutest out of his little trio of close friends. He stands out the most and anyone who attends our school will know that Mario is his group's mouth piece.

My eyes go to his friend on the left, Xavier, who I personally consider the one I can spend the most time around and won't feel like I need anger management classes. The boy to his right is name Kyle, and he is just as arrogant as Mario. Mario and Kyle have known each other for eight years. Xavier wasn't included in their pack, until we entered highschool. I like to think this is the reason why he is more easier to deal with. Mario and Kyle didn't have much time to corrupt his ways.

When he sees me walking down the hall, a closed smile form on his lips. He says something to his friends and they both look at me. I suddenly feel a bit inadequate as all three boys stare me down. I swear this kid makes me want to force his parents to hire a great dentist, because I'm going to end up punching him in the mouth. I hate when someone clearly says something in front of you, but not in front of you.