Day 5 - Thursday

Candice

All it took was five days of pretending with him and the whole school is talking about Mario and I as though we're a celebrity couple. When we walk into school Thursday morning with his arm around my waist and mine around his, we look like we're an actual couple. He tickles me on the side a little to make me smile larger. I lean against him, grabbing his fingers. I will break his shit, if he keeps tickling me.

I look up at him to find him laughing. This dude is never serious. He must like pain, or be into that dominatrix type of thing.

After talking last night at the library about Kevin possibly scoring a date with Angela, him and I are still in disagreement with this. I think it will be good for her and Kevin to get together and for him to mess things up. Mario doesn't think that Kevin should be giving the opportunity, because he's afraid that Kevin will not fail to please my friend. I know Angela well, and I know that the reason she is still single is because her patience with the boys our age is very limited. She wants to find a boyfriend, when she goes off to college next year. This still doesn't please Mario in the least bit. He wants me to get rid of Kevin, before he asks her out. He wants us to come up with a new plan. He suggested his friends, and I almost lost my dinner. No way in hell. His reason was because he trusts his friends to stick to a plan. My fear is that we would have to tell them about us and it will be a big mess.

"Hey, you know I got a game next week, right?" He looks at me.

I nod my head, wishing that I didn't agree to go to any of his games. "I know."

"I need you to show up in school colors and you could wear my jersey from last year."

Ugh. I didn't know that I would have to wear a piece of his clothing. "No. Look, I don't want to go to this game to begin with, Mario. You're not going to tell me that I have to wear your old jersey and school colors."

"And I want you to sit with Xavier and Kyle in the bleachers." He continues, although I didn't just decline his offer.

I stop dead in my tracks. He purposely avoid eye contact with me. Finally, he looks at me and bat his eyelashes, playfully. "Puhlease?" He says in a baby's voice.

I push him away from me, hating the fact that he can make me laugh and get what he wants. I snatch his hand and continue walking with him. "Fine. You owe me."

"What you want?"

I briefly look at him, looking at his lips. Kerri had told me that the whole time that she was using this guy named Antonio to make Terrance jealous, that he gave her head jobs. I can feel the heat rising up to my cheeks as I rip my gaze from his lips. I sneak a look back at him to find him looking straight ahead with his jaw clenched.

I follow his gaze to find Kevin and Angela talking with one another. Angela has a smile on her face as she touches his biceps and gives it a light squeeze. I can hear her giggling as she leans in closer to him.

Mario looks over at me, and I can read his eyes. He is pissed at me for talking to Kevin. "You better have a way of fixing this, Candy."

"I fixed it, when you went and molested her neck, so I can fix this."

"You just can't let shit go, huh? I thought we were pass that. I thought we made up and everything. Hell, you tried to run to Elliot's house a couple days ago, but I got over it."

I shush him, because we're getting ready to walk pass what looks to be the new happy couple in school. Angela smiles brightly at me, when she sees me. Her eyes turn dark the moment that she looks at Mario. Mario gives her a friendly smile and a nod to Kevin.