Day 6 - Friday

Candice

I sit alone on the couch in the dark, thinking about Elliot. I hate that I think about him so much. I hate that I cry about him at night. I hate that he gives me feelings to the point that I'm behaving like a crazy person. I've never wanted to be this type of woman. Tears burn my eyes and my vision becomes blurry as I pull my legs up on the couch.

I keep thinking about the things that he said in the hallway the other day. Mario made me feel a little better, but he didn't make those things vanished. I think Mario tries to be nice, but I know that he has some goals in mind and that's the only reason why he's sticking through this plan. I don't think he genuinely cares about me getting what I want from any of this. All he wants is Angela.

Angela. Just thinking her name is enough to make more tears come to my eyes. I'm such an emotional creature. I'm upset, because I doubt that I can get her and Mario together. If I don't pull them two together, Mario might not be willing to be my 'boyfriend'.

I have to admit that I didn't fully think my plan all the way through, when I first approached him. I just took Kerri's plan and ran with it. Once she said that this was how Melissa locked Jason in, I didn't need any other reason to say no. Now I feel stupid, because Elliot's not even checking for me like that.

My phone ringing instantly grabs my attention. I grab my phone from off the cushion to find that Mario is calling me. I wipe my tears, before deciding to answer his call. Mario is the last person that I want to speak with. I feel like I looked way too vulnerable yesterday at school. It feels a bit uncomfortable, knowing he saw that side of me. The soft side of me that cries and is heartbroken. He's so used to me bossing him around and basically fighting with him.

I clear my throat, answering the phone. "Hello." Damn. I still sound like I've been crying.

"Let's do a movie." He gets right to it. No hello, or how are you.

It wasn't a question. It sounded more like a demand.

"No. I'm busy." I lie, taking a look at my dark surroundings. I'm busy alright. Busy crying and admitting to myself that I'm a silly girl in love with the wrong boy.

"Doing?"

"Enjoying my space." I'm unsure about what to say.

"Yeah, That's a lie." There's silence on his end for a second, before he continues. "Want to talk about it, or should we just meet up for the movies?"

I just told this fool that I'm not going to the movies with him. Why the hell does he have to be so persistent?

"Are those my options?"

"We're going to the show, regardless if you want to talk about the pity party that you're throwing yourself. Angela just posted something online stating that Kevin is taking her to the movies tonight. I guess she doesn't care about him having crabs."

Snickering a little, I shake my head at his words. "Crabs? Really, Mario?"

"Next week I'm going to give him a mental illness, or something. Anyway, we won't be able to make it to the show in time, but we can be there to look like we're about to go to the show."

"Okay." I bite my jealousy back a little. I don't think I've ever had a guy try to get to me the way that Mario tries to get with Angela. I don't get it, because she's always so mean to him. "Fine. I will text you my address."

"I'm wearing blue."

"Good for you." The fuck he telling me what color he's wearing for? I stand up from the couch and stretch a little.

"I want you to wear blue as well, so we look cute . . . Or whatever."

Or whatever. I roll my eyes at his words. "We already did that earlier this week. We don't have to do that cute shit every day. Everyone at the school knows that you and I are a couple."