Ch.2

When Emily came to her senses she was on the couch. Her mom had come home while she was passed out and put her on the couch. The first thing Emily did was try to get up. When she was on her feet she fell over on to the floor. She clearly didn't have her balance back yet. She groaned and yelled for her mom.

When her mom entered the room she asked, " how are you felling? You look like you just saw a ghost, Emily." Her mom started to stroke her black hair back and away from her face. Emily said," I...I j-just saw a d-dragon." Her mom sighed and said," well, I guess I should tell you that dragons exist and I'm an egg hatcher. I keep them in the basement, but it looks like one escaped."

Emily suddenly had so many questions, she couldn't keep them from tumbling out of her mouth. she asked," what's an egg hatcher? How come you never said anything about dragons? What colors can they be? Is this why you won't let me get a familiar?" Her mom laughed at all her questions before replying," I didn't tell you about rare familiars because I wanted to teach you about egg hatching first. The only rare familiar breed that comes from egg is a dragon. An egg hatcher is someone who hatches dragon eggs for a living. dragons can be all kinds of colors, but black is the rarest and also the most special gifts are given to the black dragons. I wanted you to pick a dragon egg from the basement to be your familiar."

Emily took a couple of minuets before jumping up and asking," please mom, pretty please can i pick one out right now." Her mom sighed and said yes. She picked up the little black dragon who was trying so hard to open the bag of chips on the table. It protested at first, but eventually summited to her mother's will. Emily followed her mother down to the basement. Instead of regular white lights, red colored lights hung from the low ceiling. There were rows and rows of multicolored eggs; some being blue,or  green, or yellow, or gold, or silver, all kinds of colors. In the back corner there was a little pen set up for new baby dragons. Her mom lightly placed the black dragon down. It began to play fighting  with the other baby dragons in the pen.

Her mom broke the silence by saying," now I want you to clear your mind." Emily began clearing her mind of any stray thought. Her mom continued," close your eyes and walk slowly towards the egg that  you feel like you have the strongest bond with." A couple times she stopped by an egg that she thought was calling out to her but there was a stronger urge to walk to the little dragon pen. Emily opened her eyes and said," I feel like this dragon is calling out to me." Her mom said," alright, it seems like you two bonded  when you first meet in the kitchen."  Emily felt a tug on her mind and she said out loud," hello? who's mind tugging me?"

After she figured out that it was the little black dragon who was trying to communicate with her she learned that his name was Nightwalker. Emily set Nightwalker on her shoulder and exited the basement with her mother in tow. When she glanced at the Kitchen's clock it was well past one in the morning. Emily called out to her mother who had gone to check if Emily's father was home yet. Emily yelled," Night mom." She then walked up to her room and closed the door. Nightwalker found her room very cozy. He would lie down in one spot but think there was a softer spot across the room. He spent ten or so minutes doing that. After he got cozy, Emily turned out her lights and got into her warm cozy bed.

****************************************************************************

Emily awoke to her alarm blaring in her ear. She got up and threw some decent looking clothes on and straighten her hair. Since Nightwalker hadn't gotten up yet she placed him in her backpack carefully. She grabbed a bagel and ran out the door. She hopped into her little red bug and drove to school. After she parked her car she headed to Wyatt's locker.

Wyatt was just pulling out some binders and stuffing them into his black and white checkered patterned backpack. Emily said good morning  when she was a couple paces away. He sighed and said," morning." Emily still trying to get him to talk she said," want to do something this weekend?  We could check out some cool places like that new maze place you were raving about last  Wednesday ." Wyatt turned away from her and said," my dad told me last night that we couldn't go to the Familiar Event till it came to town, but  they stopped their tour to pick up some animals and they won't be here till next weekend. If only I could go during fourth period, I'd make it to the show." Emily suddenly said," I'll take you." Wyatt's face totally changed and he hugged her and said " oh, thank you Emily. You have no idea how much this means to me."

They arrived at the show and Wyatt looked at all of the Familiar's before deciding that the little black cat in the cat pen would be his. Suddenly, a Griffen got out of its cage and before anyone could stop it it bonded with Wyatt. The Griffen began snuggling up to wyatt who was still stunned that a rare animal would want to bond with him. As they walked out of the show, Nightwalker popped out of Emily's bag and settled onto her shoulder. Wyatt noticing the little black dragon said," omg!!! you got a dragon familiar. When did this happen?" Emily reluctantly told him how she came across Nightwalker in the kitchen and how she passed out due to the fact that he was a real live dragon.

Edited by enigma5