Ch. 9

Xander groaned in pain. Red hot pain shot up his leg. His leg was stuck underneath a big gray bolder. He looked over and Mahin was unresponsive. Mahin was covered in grey brown rock dust. Xander pushed and shoved the bolder. After that didn't work he tried waking Mahin up by shaking her, but his efforts failed. Slowly little black dots began to dance around his vision. Slowly, they began to grow bigger and he passed out.

************************************************************

Sunchaser's wing had healed therefore Wyatt got on his back to scout out the mountain side for Xander and Mahin. He was begging to start to give up hope because he couldn't find any trace of Mahin or Xander. Then, he heard a groan from a rock pile that sounded like Xander. Wyatt flew down to get a better look. He peeked though a crevice between to massive gray - brown boulders. Wyatt saw   Mahin and Xander passed out. Mahin must have been hit with a rock because her head was covered with dried blood and Xander's leg was trapped under a big heavy bolder. Wyatt looked around to see if  there was someway that he could move the boulders without having them crush Mahin and Xander in the process.

He started by removing all the small boulders that would not set off a chain reaction. Suddenly a cry broke the silence. It sounded just like a Banshee's Cry. After a minute or two the scilence resumed, but this science seemed different. I was not calming like the last quietness instead it was more like a creepy silence. Victoria ran right into Wyatt with a look of fear in her eyes. She was shaking like there was no tomorrow. Instead of wearing her usual black outfit she was dressed in white. Before he could stop her she ran off, but before she ran off she started murmuring, " She's coming," over and over again.

*************************************************************

Emma and victoria stumbled through the jungle. Emma was following Emily's sent that was fading fast. She turned to Victoria and said, " I'm losing her sent." Victoria nodded and said, " do you want to waste our question on a this task?" Emma nodded and pulled out Lianas vines and gave them to Victoria. Victoria put on her white gown that she used when she saw the future. Victoria was an oracle, the Oracle of the dark forest.

Victoria was thrown into a trace the moment she inhailed the scent of the Lianas vines. She was so still that she almost forgot to breathe. At first all she saw was darkness. Then the picture began to revel itself to her. She turned around there very images of the same thing. They were very gruesome. Blood decorated every picture of the fallen warriors. Then she understood what the pictures meant . There was going to be a bloody war in the coming days. A new image came before her. In the mist a at least a dozen soldiers were dead and quite bloody. It looked like they were brutally murdered.  There was figure of a beautiful woman standing in the middle. She wore a smirk on her face as if she enjoyed killing them. Victoria recognized her instantly.

Victoria awoke from her trance gave one look at her sister and began screaming and running. She ran into Watt and said," she's coming." Then, she ran off without knowing we're to go.
**************************************************

Emily sat down in her dragon form and looked around the cave. Everything had had been so warm so her ice magic had coated everything with a layer of frost. At the entrance a woman was standing there. She stepped into the light and Emily studied her features. The lady wore an expression of interest. She spoke to Emily in an angelic voice. She said," you must be the princess I've heard so much about." She took a pause and continue," you are quite a splendid dragon. Too bad your family you cherish so much will be destroyed in the coming war. Would you like me to show you when it's time?" The woman now had an evil glint in her eye as she spoke that last sentence.

Emily ignored her for the time being. She wanted no part of this coming war. The woman began to pester her with questions, but Emily would not respond. Finally, the woman gave up on asking and instead told her something she was not expecting. She cleared her throat and said," you know I gave birth to two beautiful babies. Both girls, I named them Emma and Victoria. They were my pride. Emma with that little mutt, she found, she made it her familiar despite my reasoning. However Victoria grew into a woman and became an oracle. She was so powerful. They ran away from home though. I wish I could see them now." Emily had no idea that her friends had partnered up with the woman's children.
*************************************************
Wyatt was pulling at the debris trying to free Mahin and Xander. He looked around his surroundings to see if anything could help. He spotted Mahin's familiar. Up until now her unicorn had been staying to the side and letting things play out. The unicorn slowly walked over, muttered some words and all of the rocks floated into midair. Wyatt hurried and moved Mahin and Xander out of the way and the Unicorn let the rocks fall back into place.

Xander groaned in pain, his leg looked like it had been badly injured. However Mahin seemed to have survived without a too many scrapes. She had a gash on her head, it wasn't bad. It wasn't deep at all. Wyatt wrapped a cloth around Mahin's head to stop the bleeding and set Xander's leg. Before long Xander passed out again.

A few hours later Wyatt had made camp for the night and Mahin began to wake up. Xander was still passed out from the pain though.