Ch. 5

Mahin stumbled into the King and Queen's room. When she saw Emily and Wyatt she ran over and hugged them. Mahin said," finally, I found you. I practically searched  the whole castle." Wyatt introduced the King and Queen to Mahin. Then, everyone noticed Starlight. The King said," My, My what a gorgeous animal." The Queen said," Well you certainly found a beautiful rare creature there." Mahin introduced Starlight to Wyatt  and Emily. Sunchaser started to play with Starlight who was not to happy about  it. Everyone laughed as they watched the unicorn and the griffin play. 

Everyone turned to watch when the  little baby black dragon stated to stir. Emily said, " Hello Nightwalker, you seemed to have a had a very long nap." Night walker justness noticing everyone said," what? I'm just a dragon." Wyatt said," ya, A DRAGON." Mahin explained," To most of the human population dragons do not exist." "oh," The little dragon exclaimed. 

The king and queen laughed all of the sudden, " well, Emily I guess it's a good thing your not human. " The room suddenly filled with silence from the sudden news. Emily said," well then, what am I?" The queen explain," you, Emily, are part dragon and part human."  Everyone stared at Emily , suddenly She was very strange.  

Emily broke the silence by saying," so which one of you was or are dragon?" The queen said," Well, I'm human but the King once was dragon. He once was my familiar, but a witch cursed him to be human. He fell in love with me because we were so close when he was my familiar. " Emily ask, " So will I be able to change into dragon when I get older?" The King said," yes, I also believe with a lot of patience and determination you could start changing now." 

Wyatt said," so will any of us recognize her in dragon form?" Nightwalker spoke up,"  Well I assume so, She is Emily. I could recognize her aura any where." Everyone just stared at the little dragon in confusion. Mahin said," Emily has an aura?" Nightwalker  said," well yes, all people have auras." Wyatt spoke up, " What color is mine?" Nightwalker said, " It's light blue a sign of curiosity and excitement." 

Later when night had fallen, Emily curled up in her bed and snuggled with Nightwalker. His scales were silky smooth as they brushed against her face. She buried her face in his back. All night she tossed and turned.

*********************************************************************

Wyatt couldn't sleep so he sat staring into the fire in is room. Sunchaser had curled up in his bed sleeping soundly. He began thinking about Emily. He had had a crush on her for the past month or so. He had been trying to tell her, but he just was too chicken to tell her. Mahin had found out and was teasing him about it these days. However, she had not today. She had other things on her mind. He guessed while she was looking for them, she stumbled upon a hot guy. Which was right. 

When the light streamed into his room Wyatt awoke because of the light. A maid ran in and set a tup of water down and a cloth which he was to use as a towel. When he got into the water it was only semi warm. 

After bathing, he threw on a pair of trousers and a white shirt. He woke Sunchaser and went to find Emily and Mahin. He found them talking in Emily's room. They were sitting at a round dark oak table. They were discussing the ball. It would start tonight and not end till tomorrow night. Emily and Mahin were going to go shopping in the market later in the afternoon. For now they would talk. Mahin said," I meet prince Xander." Emily said, " Is he cute or just ugly? Mahin answered right away," oh, he's so cute. I call dibs."  Emily said," ok fine." 

Mahin left to go get some lunch for Emily, Wyatt and herself. Emily and Wyatt sat there alone in silence for a couple of minutes. Wyatt suddenly asked," Would you like to go riding on sunchaser with me? I promise it's the most exhilarating experience ever." Emily who wasted no time jumping up said," Yes, we should go and when we get back I bet Mahin will have our lunch." 

Emily followed Wyatt to a balcony where they mounted Sunchaser. Sunchaser leaped into the sky with one bound. Before they knew it they were flying over a deep blue river. The view was amazing there was mountains on the west side with snow tips. 

All the sudden Emily lost her grip and Sunchaser took a sudden dive. She screamed and tried to grab a hold of something, but it was no use. Then, Emily was no longer falling. She had closed her eyes during the fall and she started to open them. Wyatt wasn't in her sight line. She looked to see what was holding her up. There was a massive red dragon who had caught her on its back.

******************************************************************************

Mahin was on her way to the kitchen when she ran into a maid in a blue dress. The maid pulled her aside and gave her a letter. Mahin stopped and opened the letter. It was in fancy cursive writing anfd it was from Xander. It read : Dear Mahin, I invite you to the garden for lunch this afternoon. please arrive around one. Mahin glanced around looking for a clock. She saw an old Grandfather clock that showed it was five minutes till one. 

She ran out to the garden to find Xander under an apple tree. She approached him and said," Thank you, this looks wonderful." They sat, talked and ate for at least three hours. Mahin had leaned lots of stuff about Xander. Like he was the oldest child of six siblings. Suddenly a storm came upon them while they were talking and they ran for shelter. The nearest Shelter they could find was an old rotting barn. Right after they entered the storm broke and rain fell from the sky in hard sheets. 

They found an old musty blanket and snuggled under it for warmth. it soon became dark and they lit an old lantern. They told gost stories, Mahin's was especially creepy. Suddenly, out of the blue Xander leaned down and gently put his soft lips to hers. Mahin was so shocked, a prince had just kissed her.