Ch. 8

Emily finally switched back to human form during the night. The green dragon slept peacefully. Emily now realizing  that she was small enough to wiggle between the bars. After a few tries she managed to get out and snuck around the sleeping dragon. With a little bit of effort she switched back to dragon form. She was a little bit smaller than the green dragon, Semet. She opened her white wings after clearing the cave. Emily took to the sky in just a few wing beats. She flew  high so she could see the terrain from the sky. It was an amazing sight with a jungle to the east and ice cold mountains to the north. The castle was so far away it was just a speck to her. 

While noticing the scenery, she noticed lots of tiny figures down in the bowl. There wasn't much foliage down there therefore she saw lots of tiny bodies on the ground. Before she could  dived towards the ground the black dragon, Henry, scoped her up in his giant claws. He was so much bigger than her even when she was in her dragon form. He carried her to a new cave. This one was even worse than the last one. It was musty, damp, and there was a hint of something foul in the air.  He set her down and put a heavy rusty collar around her neck. He took a chain and clipped to the wall. He said," now you won't get away. That collar will morph with you if you shift to your human form." Henry let out a very creepy laugh and flew off to the distance.

******************************************************************************

When the rain stopped everyone in the cave got up. Emma said unexpectedly, " I can sense that your friend Emily is close, but a dragon's sent is mingling with hers." Wyatt said," Lets go find her." Mahin and Xander agreed. Xander hadn't wanted to leave Mahin's side, since he had popped the question. She was driving him crazy without giving him a direct answer.

They followed Emma through the jungle. She kept leading them up the mountains and to the right. They stopped for a food break. Victoria tossed fruit down from a  peculiar looking tree. Xander and Mahin sat down next to each other. Emma and Victoria began battling with fake swords. You could probably hear their laughing and giggling from miles away. The little gray wolf pounced on Wyatt while he was thinking about Emily and watching Victoria. When the little wolf jumped on him, He fell over in the dirt and said," oh, come on. Now I'm wet and dirty." Victoria said, " there's a pond up ahead. You can clean up later."

After he cleaned himself. The,they got back to finding Emily. They had reached the point on the mountain where the trees began to thin and the dirt washed away to reveal to the mountain's rocky under- face. Emma suddenly stopped and Victoria bumped into. Victoria began shouting, " Emma-." She got cut off by the rumble from up ahead. They saw and avalanche of rocks headed straight for them. They tried jumping to avoid the rocks, but they were everywhere. Then, Mahin took one false step on a rock and tumbled along with the avalanche. Xander went to reach out for her, but he fell and also got carried away. 

It ended abruptly leaving only four survivors, the little wolf, Emma, Victoria, Wyatt, and Sunchaser. Sunchaser who had been staying in the background  not complaining or asking for anything suddenly ask Wyatt in his mind, Can we go get them? They are hurt. Wyatt replied,  Yes, Let's go get them. They should be down the mountain a little ways. Wyatt said out loud," Sunchaser and I are going down the mountain to find Xander and Mahin.

*********************************************************************

Emily awake because off a sharp pain in her side. She realized it was a hunger pain. Emily hadn't eaten annoying in a couple of days and she was quite hungry. She looked around the room. She spotted a piece of bread a couple paces from her. She could almost reach it, but it was to far. 

A loud whoosh came from behind her. Henry's deep loud voice sounded behind her," Ha, you have no powers therefore ,you little imposter,  you cannot reach that food. I guess you will have to starve. your lose." Emily got very mad at him because he just was standing there, but still could torture her without lifting a talon. Ice began to creep along the side and floor of the cave. It froze the bread and headed towards Henry, who was to busy laughing at her to notice that the ice began to cover his talons. He shivered and blasted fire at his feet. It instantly melted her ice. He looked at her with a mean glint in his eyes," You shouldn't had tried that little trick." With that remark he turned and fled. She turned her attention to the frozen loaf of bread. Now how am I going to eat. A little yellow finch wandered in and peced at the frozen bread. The ice cracked until it shatter to the ground like ice. Emily covered the bird with ice and fashioned at spear out of ice. she stabbed the bread and brought it close to her. She took a bite. I was now a crunchy loaf, but it worked to shush her grumbling stomach. 

*********************************************************************

Sorry guys it took so long to upload. I just moved and the wifi wasn't installed so we had to wait a while. sorry again. anyway comment if you like and vote.                                                                                             peace I'm out.