Ch. 3

Emily sat at her kitchen table trying to do her homework, but her mind kept wandering back to the recent events. She wondered why her parents had kept the dragon eggs a secret from her. Emily was just thinking about when Wyatt bonded with the Griffen. It just -- a ring from her phone interrupted her thought. Emily answered her phone. Mahin was ranting on the other line about some thing chasing her. Emily ask frantically, " Mahin, Mahin where are you? I'll come get you." She replied in a whisper," I'm in an alley off of Peak Road." Emily grabbed her keys and left a note saying she would be back. She hopped into her car and headed towards Peak Road. 

When she found Mahin, she was trying to blend in with some boxes by the dumpster. Mahin said," they guys who were chasing me said they wanted you b- because your the princess of dragons. I-I sent them on a false trail, they won't know until they are out of town." Emily said," How am I a princess? My parents are regular people, well mostly." Mahin said," do you have a star birthmark on your upper right arm?" Emily gasped and said," how do you know about that ? no one knows that, only my parents and I know that." Mahin replied," they said everyone in the Royal Dragon Family has it." 

Suddenly, two men came out of the shadows and knocked Emily and Mahin out. Emily's world went dark. She couldn't move. It felt like she was trapped in a void of darkness. 

When she finally regained conciseness; she was in the back of a moving van from what she could tell. Emily was in the corner of the van. She began to examine the interior of the van.  Emily could just barely make out another shape on the right side of her. She guessed it was Mahin. Emily half crawled and half dragged herself over to Mahin. She gently tapped her shoulder at first. After a couple of minutes and Mahin was still not awake she began to shake her quite fiercely. When Mahin awoke she was quite confused because she was being jostled around in a dark van. She realized that it was Emily who was trying to wake her up. Mahin opened her mouth to say something but her voice wouldn't work. Finally Emily stopped shaking her and Mahin regained her voice and got some bearings of the van. 

Mahin said," I-I thought-t they left. I'm so sorry. Its all my fault. I just wanted to get a familiar . I shouldn't have sneaked out of the house." "shh..," Emily comforted her. She added after a minute or two," Its not your fault, Mahin, you just wanted a familiar." 

******************************************************************************

Wyatt tried calling Emily, but her phone went straight to voice mail. She always picked up the phone when he called her. He started to worry so he called for his Griffen, Sunchaser. He jumped onto the griffin's back. The griffin took off at the speed of light. Wyatt had a pretty hard time steering Sunchaser. He just nearly made it in one piece to Emily's house. 

He dismounted Sunchaser and went to knock on the door. Sunchaser followed him, so close he almost stepped on Wyatt's feet. Emily's mom answered the door, " hello Wyatt." Wyatt said," Do you know where Emily is? She's not answering her phone." Her mom thought for a minute and then replied," hmm.. she went to pick up Mahin from an alley on Peak Road. She should be back by now though." Wyatt turned away without thanking Emily's mom, but she was not done. She called after him," if you see her let me know." He mounted Sunchaser again and they took off towards Peak Road.

When he arrived at the alley, Wyatt inspected every inch for a sign that Emily and Mahin had been there. He found some green mushed up gum, a coffee mug that said I'm crazy for ya, and Mahin's hair clip. Wyatt instantly knew that the Hair clip was Mahin's. She loved flowers, but most of all the gorgeous flower pin her grandmother had given to her. There was no way Mahin would leave that behind. He came to the conclusion that she and Emily had been taken.

**********************************************************************

Emily  passed out again, but this time when she woke up she was on a fancy looking bed. It even had drapes on the side. Her head still hurt from when they knocked her out. She rolled off the bed and while trying to get to her feet landed in a weird squat.She rightened herself and walked around the room. Instead of regular windows with normal curtains, the windows were stained glass and the curtains had an intricate embroidered pattern on it. It had detailed images of dragons on it. 

She began to examine a table that had looked plain a minute ago, but now with a closer look a dragon holding a key was carved into the table's top. Emily walked over to the door and opened it. it revealed a long marble hallway filled with statues of warriors and dragons. She stepped out into the hallway. Emily's foot making an echo sound made her draw her foot back before continuing forward. The hallway was also lined with glass windows, this time not stained like the windows in her room. She looked out and saw a garden very far below her. 

Emily turned her attention back to the hallway. She walked as quietly as she could on the marble floor. She came across another door, but it was a darker shade of brown just border lining black. Before opening it she took one more glance at the hallway to see if she had missed anything.

Instead of revealing more empty hallways it revealed a hallway with busy maids running this way and that way. Some carrying stuff others not. When everyone noticed Emily's presence they all bowed their heads and said, " welcome Princess Emily." Then they went back to work, with Emily staring at them as if they had just told her she could fly.

************************************************************************

Mahin woke up with a unicorn looking at her. She had no idea how long he had been there, but it was just creepy to Mahin. It felt like he was intruding on her privacy. "Do you wish for me to leave," a little  voice rang in her head. She said," no its ok it just was weird seeing a unicorn, a rare familiar, looking at me. He replied in her head," I hope you don't mind, I bonded with you in your sleep." No, no its ok. I don't mind really," she lied. 

He was a marvelous white unicorn, with a beautiful angelic mane of hair. She asked him, " what is your name?" He replied," Starlight." She said ," Wow that's a beautiful name." 

She got off the bed and  headed towards the door. Curios, to see where it lead her she opened without hesitation. It open up into a busy room fill with maids running all about. One maid dressed in a brown uniform did a curtsy and said," Lady Mahin, Prince Xander of the Cold Mountains would like to speak with you." Mahin who had no idea what or who Prince Xander was asked," Where can I find him?" The maid smiled and said, " He's in the Garden of island flowers." Before Mahin could ask where that was the maid had already dashed away.