Ch. 6

Wyatt was having so much fun with Emily behind him. He bet she was grinning ear to ear just because flying was so exhilarating. He was also grinning because he loved flying, but also Emily was with him. He was thinking of how beautiful the scenery was when Sunchaser took an unexpected dive. 

Suddenly, Emily's arms around his waist vanished. He heard her scream as she fell. He tried to turn Sunchaser around so he could catch her, but Sunchaser's wing had been hurt and he and Sunchaser began to fall. They hit the ground very hard. Wyatt tried to stay awake, but he was slowly failing and passed out.

**********************************************************************

Emily looked at the red dragons scales closely. They were beautiful with the sun reflecting off of them. The dragon turned and looked at her. He studied her for a second and then said," Hello, would you please get off my back?" Emily said," oh ya, sure. I'm sorry. I kinda just fell on top of you." She slide off his scaly back and landed on her feet. He turned and faced her. His voice rumbled around her," Why are you so far from the castle Emily?" She said, " I was riding with my friend, Wyatt, and I slipped and fell off of his Griffen. Then, I landed on You. Who are you?" He said," oh, you shouldn't ride griffins, your not suited for it. I'm lord Henry. "  Emily had a look of confusion written on her face. She asked him," How do you switch between dragon and human form?" He said, " well with a lot of practice and concentration." She said," oh." The red dragon said," I should take you back to the castle, but first I want to show you something." 

He switched into his human form when Emily wasn't looking. Henry lead her into a jungle. The jungle was dense and was filled with all sorts of crazy colorful plants. He pushed aside a fern and reveled a small clearing with a waterfall in it. The sight before Emily was amazing. At the water a girl and a boy were by the water. She sat on a cliff talking to the boy who looked over and spotted them. He whispered something to the girl and he took her by the hand and they flew off. Emily who was quite confused at what just happened. Henry said," oh, sorry that was Peter pan and his friend. He visits every once in a while." 

Emily drew her attention back to the beautiful scenery before them. He said, " we should stay the night. We have along trek back to the castle." Emily said," ok." They settled down as the sun disappeared under the horizon. Emily gathered sticks and build some torches. Henry breathed fire on them so they would light. Then, Emily stationed them around the clearing. 

After Henry had fallen asleep, Emily went to bath. She climbed into the cold water and left her clothes on the shore. Emily washed using leaves from some trees. Some time later she got out and dried on the shore.

*************************************************************************

The sun streamed through the run down barn and awoke Xander. For a couple of minutes he watched Mahin sleep. She awoke and said," good moring." Then, she smiled which made Xander smile. Mahin said in a playful serious tone, " What are you smiling about?" He said," oh just this." He bent down a kissed her. She blushed and said," so, are your parents coming to the ball?" He sighed and said" yes, I will have to dance with lots of girls." He paused and a look of longing came over his features. Then, he continued, " I wish I could spend the whole night with you again." Mahin agreed and then she said," We probably need to get back to the castle." He sighed and got up.

They headed back to the castle and parted ways. When she got back to her room she jumped on the bed and screamed of happiness into a  pillow on her bed. Starlight asked her, " Mahin, are you alright?" Her unicorn had a look of worry on his face until she looked at him, then his face softened realizing she was extremely happy. She burst out," I kissed Prince Xander!!!." Then, She said, " Oh my, I need to find something to wear to the ball." She searched through her closet and finally found a beautiful green gown that suited her just right.(pst.. Mahin's dress up top^^) 

***********************************************************************

Wyatt woke up just as someone poured ice cold water on his face. said," hey! That was some seriously cold water." A pretty blond girl shrugged her shoulders and said," oh well, now your up." God that blond girl was pretty. Wyatt said," by the way I'm Wyatt. What's your name?" She smiled brightly and said, " I'm Victoria and this is my sister, Emma. Victoria motion for the other girl who was hiding behind her to step forward. Emma was a little shorter than Victoria and instead of blond hair she had light brown hair. 

Victoria said," come on we need to get moving, the sun came up about an hour or two ago." Emma picked up a sleeping bag and a pack. She picked up a second one and tossed it to Victoria. Victoria rolled up his bed roll and made him carry it. Sunchaser noticing Wyatt strolled over to him and stuck to his side. Wyatt noticed Sunchaser limping. He said," oh Sunchaser are you ok?" Sunchaser responded in his mind," No, but I'll live." He made a promise as soon as they made camp he would tend to Sunchaser's wounds." After all they had fallen from pretty high. He wondered what had happened to Emily. He hoped she was ok, and if she wasn't he would blam himself for as long as he lived. 

**********************************************************************

Emily woke up as the sun streamed into the clearing and she awoke. The first thing she realized was that she was not dressed. When she went to put on her clothes she realized that she was big and had scales. In her further examination figured out that she was a dragon after noticing she had wings. 

The first thing she did was take off into the sky. She beat her own wings to the beat of her heart. Then, she realized Nightwalker wasn't with her. For a second she panicked and looked all around her, but then she realized he was flying next to her. She spoke to Nightwalker," this is amazing." At first he was surprised because she spoke in dragon tongue. However, that was not the only weird thing Emily had woken up as an amazing white dragon. They flew for quite a while before she headed back to the clearing. 

When she landed she strode over to Henry who was still sleeping. He awoke and then shifted into a dragon. However, this dragon was a different color. It was dark, dark black like the color of midnight without stars. He spoke to her," Hello, Emily, You are a very pretty dragon." He turned to face her and he knocked her out.