Ch.12

Wyatt stared at the horizon and wait for the others to join him. Sunchaser made a low growl when Victoria and Emma showed up. Almost like it was a greeting. Then the newlyweds came out together, Xander walk while Mahin rode her unicorn. Wyatt said," I'll go on ahead in the air and get a birds eye view." Everyone else stayed quiet not want to give any sort of hope. Wyatt saw tons of trees and their long path ahead. He came down for a report when suddenly he heard a single arrow wiz by him. Another and another came, right after one another. Soon he was dodging so many arrows he could stay on Sunchaser. Sunchaser swooped down at the last second to catch him. They looked around for their friends, but they saw no one in sight. Mahin called out to them," you guys where are over here." Wyatt sighed in relief. For a moment there he thought he had lost them, but he had no such luck.
****************************************************
Emily had been talking gibberish to James. He guessed she spoke a different language. Had he really been gone long enough that the world had already created more languages. No, this one seemed older, even more ancient than his kingdom. The old king walked in. James and Emily barely had time to hide in the corner. The king looked at the empty golden cage and yelled," James I told you not to let her out."  He  stomped angrily towards James's room.

James said in a low hushed voice," we need to get out of here. Can I ride on your back?" Emily quickly shifted into her dragon form and he climbed in between her shoulder blades. She took off and James could barely hold on she was going so fast. They went straight up towards the ceiling of the palace. Emily breathed some frost air up at the ceiling and it opened a secret exit. They flew out into the world and the view was amazing in the air. They took off towards Emily's homeland. Emily enjoyed the air. She did twists, turns, and flips through the rushing wind. For the first time in a while she felt free. Free to be herself and not have a care in the world. However, she had no idea what would happen to her dear friends.

******************************************************

Wyatt's friends were in a bramble bush, hiding from someone. They made had some hand motions to make him come over. As he was moving Wyatt felt something pierce through his skin. It hurt so bad, like someone was ripping him apart. His vision began to go dark.

A woman stepped out of the bushes and said," I finally got you. Emma, Victoria won't you come say hello to your Mother? I've missed you since you guys since you ran away." The woman with speed of lightning knocked out Emma and Victoria in one foal move. The woman smiled at Xander and Mahin," Oh, and by the way my name is Alex." Alex created a portal and stepped through the green mist and they were gone.