Chapter 15

Sting is adorable and freaking charming during breakfast, which is as fantastic as he promised. When I tell him I have to go, he looks a little put out. "Are you going to see Gray?"

"Yes. He said he needs to apologize."

"He really does. What he said to you was quite rude. I'm tempted to beat the living hell out of him."

"Get in line."

"Natsu?"

"And Gajeel. And my friend Jason."

"Natsu AND Gajeel? I almost feel sorry for him. Almost."

"I have to go home and shower and change."

"Is he meeting you at your house?"

"In an hour and a half."

"So you don't have to leave right away?" Sting asks hopefully.

"No, not right away." I say with a smile.

Sting beams ear to ear and pulls me into an embrace, picking me up and spinning me around. "Good!" He puts me back on the ground and stares at me, a smile playing on his lips.

"I really enjoy spending time with you, Sting."

"I was just thinking the same about you." He stares at my lips as he licks his and my throat goes dry. "Hey, do you like to play pool?" I laugh at his random question and nod. "Are you up for getting your ass kicked?"

"Oh, you're on!"

After thoroughly humiliating me, Sting is on cloud nine.

"That was mighty big talk for such a weak game, (y/n)!" He gloats as he puts the pool sticks away.

"Stop talking shit!"

"Never. If we're gonna be together, you gotta get used to it."

My face flushes and my heart flutters.

I am definitely not used to having someone be so upfront with me like that. Sting looks at the way I'm blushing and fidgeting and closes the distance between us.

"You're the cutest fucking thing..." He whispers as his lips close in on mine. He eases into the kiss, his hands lightly travelling up my back as his lips move with mine gently. I relish in the moment, letting him lead the way. Sting sighs against my lips, his hands make their way back to my waist and he hoists me onto the pool table.

Sting groans as my legs wrap around him. He grinds his hips forward, "Mmmph!" I cry lightly as his fingers dig into my hips.

The beautiful man before me pulls back, his breathing ragged. "We have to stop. If we keep going, I'm going to want to take you right here on this pool table. I'd probably beg if I had to. I want you to... I want you to be comfortable with everything first."

He's so sweet! My phone dings and Sting takes a step back, letting me get up to find my phone. It's a text from Gray. It reads, "I'm on my way."

"Oops! I was supposed to leave fifteen minutes ago."

"Sorry!" Sting says hurriedly, guilt on his face.

"Don't be." I smile at him and he blushes. "I had fun, but I have to go."

"Can I walk you home?"

"I'm actually going to take a cab."

"Maybe I'll just see you later." He blanches as he imagines sitting in a moving vehicle. I call for a cab and as we walk upstairs, he holds my hand. "I hope we can do this again soon... and often." My stomach feels light at his smile, conflicted feelings running through me. "I know you haven't decided yet. I won't pressure you."