Chapter 20 (Sting)

"White dragon iron fist!"

"Ice dragon sword horn!"

2 Vulcans screech before they fall to the ground and revert back to their human forms.

"Yeah! Woo hoo dragon slayer power!" Lector cheers as he flies over to give Sting a chest bump.

"Ugh..." The first man groans.

"Shit. Could you not have been more gentle?" The second one gripes.

"Hey! They had to beat the vulcan out of ya. You should be thankful they helped you." Lector growls.

"Lector, give 'em a break." I grumble as I walk over to the closest guy and help him to his feet.

"Yeah, really dude. Be cool." Sting agrees while he does the same.

"Hey, I'm (Y/n). Are you okay?"

"Yeah, just a little sore I guess. Name's Paul." He grumbles as I sling his arm over my shoulder and start helping him to the bus. "You know, you're pretty cute for a chick who just kicked my ass. How about you let me take you out sometime as a thank you?"

"Hey! Ask my girlfriend out again and I'll be the one kicking your ass!" Sting hisses.

"Jesus, Paul. Keep it in your pants before this guy puts you into a coma."

"Shut up, Carl." Paul mutters. "Listen, I'm sorry. I didn't know she was spoken for."

"It's alright. You know now." Sting says cheerfully.

"Yeah, so don't try anything funny. Do you know how hard he worked to land this girl?" The red exceed pitches in.

"Lector! Don't start." I warn.

"He has a point." Sting laughs.

"How long you two been together?" Paul asks.

"About 4 months, I believe." I answer.

"4 and a half." Sting corrects as he helps Carl onto the bus.

"Bet those are 4 and a half of the best months of your life, huh?" Paul asks with a chuckle.

"You have no idea." Sting says with a warm smile that pulls at my heartstrings.

"So how many of us got turned into vulcans anyway?" Paul continues his line of questions.

"Before I got snagged, there were 19."Carl offers.

"The final count was 38." I inform them as I sit down beside Sting across the aisle from the 2 men.

"There are only a dozen people on this bus. Are there more out there?"

"No, the rest of your people have gone home. We'll be taking you back once the bus driver finishes his smoke." Sting tells him.

"I see. How many people helped you turn us all back?" Carl pipes up.

"No one else. It was just the 3 of us." Sting answers while reaching over to scratch behind Lector's ears.

"The cat took down a vulcan?!"

Lector scoffs from my lap, "No, I helped people to the bus when they got transformed back. Do I look like I can take down a monster that size?"

"Wait a damn second, so the 2 of you," Paul looks at us in disbelief, "took down 19 vulcans each!?"

"Something like that." I say.

"Nah, it was 20 to 18." Lector says. I tilt my head as I look down at him and he shrugs. "I got bored so I kept track of who took down how many."

"It's okay sweetheart." Sting says in a cocky manner as he pats my shoulder. "I don't mind doing most of the work."