river phoenix imagine part 2

ha so this is finally being posted I'm honestly so done with myself lol

So it's now 5:30 and my attempt to do my homework, watch tv, and have a snack came to end as I needed to get ready. These past few weeks I've realized that I haven't been getting ready for Robert anymore. I've been dressing up for myself.

I am a fucking woman, and I spend money on clothes and makeup for myself, and no one else. Don't get it wrong, I'm not a hoe and I care about some guy's perception of me. I could care fucking less about what Robert thinks.

I brush out my wavy hair and I decide I'm going to leave it down. I go into my closet, and rummage through all the tight sparkly black dresses Robert bought for me, and find a rose/blush pink dress that I bought for myself last weekend. It goes a bit above my knees, has a cross strap in the back, is fitted near my chest and flows out around my belly button, and a cross strap in the front. I put it on, and marvel at myself in my standing mirror.

Is this a bit much for a house party? Probably. Maybe I should just go with jeans, a white tee, and white converse. Yeah, that will probably work out better. I sadly take off the beautiful dress, and slip on my jeans, my white tee, and converse. I do my makeup as usual, nothing crazy.

It's 6:00 now, so I decide to go downstairs to wait for Robert. I hear a car horn honk repeatedly, and dash outside. I open the car door, and hurry in. I glance at Robert, he's in a black tee shirt that hugs his muscles, jeans, and sneakers. "You look good." I murmured. He glances over at me, "You too." He says and kisses me. He pulls up to Steve's house, and there's already about 9 cars parked near his house. I go to open my door, when Steve pushed it back, and seethed. "Oops." I whispered. And he went around and opened it for me saying, "I told you it's my car now get out." I walk toward the front door, and wait for Robert.

He slides in hand around my waist, and knocks on the door. Steve opens it, half drunk, and the party was already in mid-swing. Robert sees his friends in the corner gambling and drinking, and ditches me. I look around, and find a spot on the couch. I begin to think about how I've let Robert belittle me, and mold me into someone I don't like. Tears escape my eyes, and I feel someone sit beside me. I glance over at the person, and realize it's River from history.

"Hey Caroline." He says. "Hi River, I didn't know you'd be here." I say cheerfully. "I tried to tell you after school today, but..." River trailed as I remembered Robert and the end of the school day. "Well you're here. I'm so glad, ya know I never really get to talk to many people the way I used to before Robert." I say honestly. "Really?" He asks shocked. "Yeah, I'm relieved I got that off my chest." I said.

Suddenly, River's eyes go wide and his jaw drops. I give him a look of confusion and turn around to see what he's gawking at. "No Caroline, wait!" Scrambled River, but it was too late. I saw enough. Sitting on a bar stool was Robert, and my friend Emily, making out.
"Oh my god." I say between tears, dashing out of the house. As soon as I was down the front steps, I stood to the side to take a breather. I heard yelling from inside the house, and River yelling, "You son of a bitch!" And Robert yelling, "What? You like her? Well I hope you're ok with liking trash! That's all she is, and don't try to tell me what to do she was worthless and you're a nobody, you don't know shit." He yelled, slamming River into the front door.

I waited for River to leave, and when he opened the door I fell to my knees on the grass, crying. River had a cut up face and scraped up knuckles. I began hyperventilating, gasping for air. "River I'm so sorry." I managed while choking for air.

"Ssh Caroline no, you're ok I got you." He said kneeling down beside me and pulling me into a hug. "I didn't want you to get hurt! I never want to see you hurt River." I said crying. "I know baby." He said patting my back. He helped me to my feet, and walked me to a beat up pickup truck. He opened the door for me, and I calmed myself down. He got in the other side, and sighed. "Caroline, listen I don't know how to tell you this. I really like you." He said looking to me. I smiled, and leaned in to kiss him.