Rant?

So Im having crazy emotions rn and I have no one to discuss them with (I know, sad) and I need to talk to someone and hopefully get feedback so here goes:

I'm a sophomore in high school, and I've changed so much since freshman year. Freshman year all I cared about was how I looked, if I had "cool" friends, and popularity. Over the summer I dropped like 90% of the "friends" I had because they really weren't friends. I can't blame them really and I hold no ill will toward them because I really wasn't in it to be close to them either. I just cared about popular boys talking to me and popular girls.

So this year, I have like 1.5 close friends in school. And I'm branching out more, becoming friends with people who are a.) bullied, b.) people I didn't give a chance last year because they were "uncool" and c.) people I never talked to

It's going somewhat well. I made some new friends in homeroom. That's what this whole thing is about. The first person I'll talk about is a boy. We'll call him Tony. So tony and I really weren't cool last year, and now we're kind of friends. We text some and I've developed a BABY crush on him. I feel like he'd never like me though, he's so nerdy and dorky and cute and ugh we're just from different worlds but idk there's definitely something there.

And then there's the girl he's taking to homecoming, we'll call her Anna. Anna is so so so nice and I wanna be friends with her! I kinda did her wrong last year by completely avoiding her but yeah I wanna make it up to her and chill.

Anyways, what do you guys think I should do? How can I get closer to them? Ugh
Xoxo