Chapter Five: Amazing Day

Moyenne had tears filling her eyes. She sat in front of Obi, and she started sniffling, "When.. I was little, I was beat up a lot for not doing things correctly. I hated it- it was torture. Honestly- it was. But..." her voice trailed off as Obi brought her into his arms, embracing her. Her face was like a book to him, easy to read, and he loves every single page of it.

"Please, do continue, Miss. I want to... understand you," Obi smiled and rubbed her head as she carried on.

"I found myself having a job, where I protected the Princess of Alabarke (Ale-uh-burk). Not a lot of people know her.. but she's a great girl.. and when she ran away, I ran away too. I told no-one where she went, I promised her that I will keep her secret safe. She ran somewhere, and told me to stay here, in Clarines."

Obi understood where she was coming from. He too, had to runaway from home. Away from Torou. Torou loved Obi, she wanted everything to do with Obi, but he just could not feel the same, and ended up breaking away from her, day after day. That doesn't mean he couldn't miss her though. Torou was his fellow assassin, and partner- and one and only friend. The one person who saved him.

"Then.. when I was trying to tell the guards I wanted to apply, some kid framed me and I looked like I was trying to sneak in. Then they said to go catch me. I was surprised when you came up behind me, you really were fast! Hah..." she put her back to his stomach and they looked up to the sky. They both weren't ready for each other's feelings, but they were close. Just a few more days.. a few more events.. and a few touches of love. Maybe then, they would be able to confess, and let their feelings unfold into a beautiful and blooming flower.. maybe such as a Tulip. The butterfly was gone, but the sun still shined, and the wind still blowed, allowing time to move forward.

He held her hands tight, "Just watch. Even if you were hurt in the past, I know Zen, Shirayuki .. even though you haven't met her yet, Mitsuhide, Miss.Kiki, and I am here for you. We all are. I yet still have to see Miss. Shirayuki's response to your lovely blue hair," he was tempted to reach for her oh-so-beautiful soft hair. He wanted to- so badly, but he didn't know if he should. Instead, he patted her head and she got up. Both of them were startled at each other's scarred lives. It was scary and painful to go through, and they had no idea why they trusted each other. But, coincidences like this just seemed to fall into place.

Their eyes met.

They both wanted to speak.

But.. they had no words to say.

"Hey! Obi!" A familiar female voice came from behind Obi. Moyenne looked, and Obi turned around.

It was Shirayuki, with her beautiful red apple hair.

"Moyenne! This is Miss.Shirayuki, the girl I was talking about!" Obi lend a hand as he stood up for Moyenne. Moyenne's brain spun around as she saw Shirayuki. Such magnificent red hair, sharp green eyes.. she wanted all of it, she was jealous. Had Obi loved her?  ...What If he did? What would she do? What would she tell him, and herself? She snapped out of it as Shirayuki and Moyenne hugged awkwardly.

"So.. I hear you're running for a new private guard?" Shirayuki smiled her beautiful smile.

"Uh..yeah.."

"I'm an herbalist. If you're hurt, come to me! I just came out here to see if there are any new herbs around. I'll leave you two to it. It's good to see you too, Obi." She waved goodbye and walked gracefully into the other part of the swaying and singing woods.

A melody that only passionate nature-lovers could hear. It was special, and had a calm ring to it.

A melody that Obi could feel.. and only Moyenne could respond.

"Let's get back to the castle. We need to practice on your fighting skills, not that you're bad, not at all," Obi flashed a quick smile and Moyenne followed behind.

What an amazing day- so far.