Chapter Thirteen: Princess Of Alabarke

Obi dropped down from the tree and walked along the stone path towards the towering castle. This must be the Alabarke castle.

Or maybe not...?

Obi saw the front gates and there were a bunch of guards. Only they weren't standing. They were on the ground, unconscious.

Moyenne whipped around to the back, not noticing Obi at the entrance of the hidden fortress.

My god. Obi thought, this is suppose to be Alabarke... why are the guards unconscious?

Obi collapsed on his knees next to a guard that seemed a little too young. Maybe he was at 15 years of age. Obi furrowed his eyebrows and noticed a putrid smell coming from inside the castle. It consisted of rotten eggs and-

"Stop right there!" a shaky voice shouted.

Obi turned around slowly to look at a guard that didn't pass out.

Obi looked at him and grabbed the man's pointy weapon, and put it down on the ground. The man must've been weak because he didn't even try to fight back.

"What's going on with these guards?" Obi asked.

"I- I don't know. Some people came in and started beating up guards.. I watched from afar and hid.. there's a secret spot I knew of," the man stuttered.

Obi frowned in displeasure, "So, you didn't bother to save anyone else?"

The man shook his head an unworthy no and Obi grabbed him by the collar.

"So you just let them there to get beat up and pass out?! You let those people get away with hurting you fellow guards? What kind of man ARE you!?" Obi let go of the man and he fell onto his knees. He put his hands in the dirt and his hands forced into fists. He saw himself like a person who normally wouldn't try to hurt or let other people hurt anybody.

Although, he did. This was Obi's first impression on this place called "Alabarke". Not a very good impression, we might as well add.

"Alright. Guard. Tell me; have you seen a girl with blue hair?"

The guard's face almost snapped when he shot up and looked up at Obi. "You mean Moyenne!? Princess Moyenne!?"

"Huh?"

"Princess Moyenne! She hasn't been here in forever! W-Where is she!?" The man gasped.

"That's what I'm asking you. And what do you mean Princess Moyenne?" Obi snapped.

"Well, I'm not sure what you've been told, but M'lady Moyenne is known here as the princess of Alabarke. That's what we've known and have been taught. She hasn't been here in a few years...and after she left, this castle started falling apart."

Obi's eyes widened. Moyenne had been lying to him this entire time.