Chapter 19

Uriah's POV

"What do you mean, you let him go?", Zeke and I stand in front of Christina, seething at her letting Noah leave camp alone.

"We left together for a reason, to stay safe.", Zeke chimes in.

"He is old enough, think about yourselves at that age. Would your mother really be able to control you?,", she waits for an answer that neither of us can give, "I didn't think so, I won't take crap from people who act like children.".

She storms away from us, taking her place in the front seat of a truck, the door slamming on its way shut.
__________________________
(Tris' POV)

The car is filled with a thick silence, the deep hum of the trucks motor being the only noise in a car crammed with people.

I look over at Tobias, his gentle brown hair falling in his rich blue eyes. His thin lips pressed in a hard line, his muscles contracting with all of the emotions that come with losing a child.

"I love you.", I whisper to set some reassurance.

Still looking hard at the road ahead, he takes my hand and mutters, "I love you too.".
__________________________
(Tobias' POV)
(Six hours later)

"This could work.", Zeke places his hands on his waist while observing his surroundings. His eyes squint against the bitter light of the sun, but the large grey shadow emitting off of the building before us blocks most of it.

"I call first dibs on picking rooms!", Uriah smirks.

"We can't live here.", I state plainly.

"Why not?", Uriah questions, "This is now the fourth place you have found something wrong with. We are staying whether you like it or not.". He moves towards me as he speaks, his eyes bloodshot and riddled with a combination of anger and fear as his face looms inches away from mine.

"Keep this up, and I'll make sure your room will be six feet under ground.", my eyes stare back sternly at his, the Dauntless instructor within me, rising to the surface.

I look over to Tris, her arm wrapped around Emily's shoulder for support. She should not be out here, her entire being looks tired and worn, her bulging abdomen constantly making her skinny legs wobble, and threaten the loss of balance.

She can not keep going.

"Grab the bags."

---------------------------------------------
Please comment and vote!