Chapter 7

(Tobias's POV)

"Where is Natalia!" Everyone roams around frantically searching for my missing girl.

I try and calm Tris down while scanning ever crack in the room, as though Natalia will magically appear behind a dust bunny.

"Our daughter Tobias, I keep losing people, then finding them, losing them...."

"Calm down." I order her, and she does her best to obey, "This isn't good for the baby, you need to remain calm, and do not worry." My instructors voice comes in handy in some situations, situations like these.

I see a tiny figure walk rigidly down the hall, and squinting in the blue light I can make out a figure much like Tris's, but yet certainly different enough to not be Tris.

"Natalia Tessa Eaton, where on earth have you been!" My eyes must be glowing red with fury, yet the relief of finding my daughter softens me.

"Bathroom." Natalia states it plainly, I look into her guarded eyes. It is impossible to see what she is thinking, she has learned to block her emotions and thoughts, like father like daughter.

"Next time, tell one of us. We are a group, we stick together." Natalia nods, but her expression remains unchanged from its blank state.
__________________________
(Tessa's POV)

We walk on, and I almost feel a slight twinge of guilt for breaking apart Noah and Keri.......almost.

"I don't think that we are going to find anything Four, we have been walking in circles." My mother kindly talks to my father. I look at their intertwined fingers and realize that that is true love, I also realize that that is what I want Noah and I to have.

We come across an exit and the group stops. We are tired, weak, and must have been walking for hours. None the less, we have found basically nothing.

My mother rubs her hand upon her now bulging stomach. She is pregnant enough to look pregnant when you look close, although it looks more like she had swallowed a partially inflated balloon.

My father is hesitant before wrapping his narrow fingers around the metal handle. He opens it and floods the blue hallway with the bright colors emanating off of the sunset before us.

Zeke and Shauna are he first ones to step out, and their misery is dissipated by the lack of light. All they are now is a black outline, and I find this humorous in a way. We are all just shadows, just nothing's trying to save a world that we don't even understand.

I want to give up, and the sight of Keri's and Noah's shadows blending together by their attached hands only makes me want it more.

I think of Leo, whose shadow will never be seen again, and who is probably rotting in a bag in some building's basement. Will he even be remembered? Will any of us be?

---------------------------------------------
Please comment and vote! ❤️