Chapter 1

(Where Allegiant (continuation) left off.)

(Natalia's POV)

"Where are we going?" I ask my parents, my legs are numb from sitting so long, and my muscles ache from cramming in the back seat with Noah, Emily, Jason, and Keri.

My father glances nervously at my mother, refusing to answer my long awaited question.

__________________________

(One hour later)

We are finally resting. I watch the sun come down in a golden arc over the pink horizon. Absorbing all light around it, I find it fascinating how at the end of the day, when the sun is at its tail end of being seen, that is when it is brightest.

We set up camp, the three trucks encircle us on three sides, trees cover the fourth. I have no idea where we are, no whim or clue where we are heading, but for now we are safe to rest.

Zeke takes the first watch. When everyone else is asleep, I gently crawl over to Noah's sleeping bag and wake him up with a soft kiss on his cheek.

"Is it morning already?" He groggily complains. I giggle, "No, I just thought that we could spend some time together while everyone else is asleep."

I take his hand and pull him up, leading him past Zeke. Whom give us a pondering look, but I just put my finger to my lips, and watch him shrug. "If your father asks where you are, I'm telling him." Uncle Zeke has always done everything for me, just at as an uncle should. I sigh, "I wouldn't dream of anything else."

"Where are we going?" Noah seems incredibly worried about leaving the others behind. I stop abruptly and turn around, planting my lips gently on his. I have to stand on my tiptoes as he wraps arms around me, deepening the kiss.

He stops to breath, "So you dragged me into the middle of the forest to make out?" He asks. "Is that a problem." I respond. He answers back by pressing his lips harder on mine, pushing in closer to me, until my back is pushed into a tree.

He moves down to kiss my neck, and I am embarrassed at the slight moan I release. My hands shake as we grow more intense, I wrap them in his shirt to keep him from noticing.

"What the.....?!" Noah and I break apart at the sudden yell. I look around in the dim light and see his outline. He is going to kill me, he is going to kill Noah, in front of me stands my father.

__________________________

I can feel the hate and anger coming from him as we silently walk back to our little campsite. Noah stands on one side of him, I walk on the other.

When we reach the campsite, Dad wakes everyone up and calls them to a 'meeting'. Still half asleep, they all gather around us, "Is everything ok?" My mother asks.

"No." Dad replies. "Apparently, since I was absent for a little while, all rules of ours were disregarded. I don't know if you know Tris, or if you know Christina and Uriah, but apparently are children are dating." Uriah perks up, "Congratulations."

"No Uriah," My dad explains, "they should not be congratulated. They disobeyed us." "Tobias." My mother pleads, "Don't do this here."

"Fine." My dad's voice is calm, controlled, unsafe. "But I believe it goes without saying that this relationship is over."

Dead silence follows. I feel like crying, I feel like dying. I have been through so much in the past twenty four hours, and now I am losing the one thing that I have left.

"Dad, please....." "No." He cuts me off and goes to where Zeke was keeping watch, "I'll take next watch."

Silently, I cry myself to sleep, wrapped up in my bag. I had love, he was so close, and now there is a barrier, my father.

--------------------------------------------

Please comment and vote! This is the first chapter of many in the sequel to Allegiant (continuation)! 😄❤️ Love you my Rebels!

And I would like to congratulate our winner....... Malka! Congratulations. On this chapter also is posted our second place finalist Mary Bowers. As well as our third place winner Kylee Red :-)