Chapter 6

(Tessa's POV)

I stay a few paces behind the group. Trying to both prevent an emotional outburst and restrain my self from wrapping both hands around Keri's perfectly accessorized neck.

I softly let tears stain my face, only adding to layers of old ones. A women walks up to my father and appears to argue with him, but I am just out of earshot.

Then, before I even realize, I am screaming without sound, and kicking hard. No one even turns around.

I am frantic, darting my eyes around for escape as I feel the cloth in my mouth and am carried away from my friends and family.

Something hard hits me over the head, and my world slowly etches into a black abyss.
__________________________

"I'll never tell you! I would rather die then help you with anything." I cry.

"You will help me, because you don't want your family dead. Do you?" The man snarls and laughs cruelly, springing new and fresh tears to my burning eyes.

My family is going to be tortured and murdered if I don't give in. How could I let this happen? How could I be so stupid?

Red hot anger sears my insides and spreads like magma in a volcano. This is Keri's fault.

If she hadn't stolen Noah, I could still be roaming the halls blindly with my family.

But, for now I must focus on my current situation. I feel hopeless, as pain springs through me with another electric bolt.

"Should I raise the voltage? Or will you be a good girl and tell me what you know." I spit in his face and shriek out in agony as I am electrified.

Every bone and muscle in my body seems to be numb and yet burning at the same time. My vision is so blurred, and my mind so clouded that I briefly forget my own name.

I see the mans hand reach again for the red dial and yell, "Wait!"

"I will help you, but not like this. Not chained to a machine, not injected with pain." The man smiles and waves for two large men to unhook me from the torture device. I fall helplessly to the cold ground. I can't move on my own, and I unwillingly black out.
__________________________

I wake up tied to a metal chair. The cruel man sits carelessly in front if me, stirring his coffee with a thin green straw, and looking incredibly bored.

"What do you want of me?" I ask, "And who exactly are you?"

"My name is Marcus Eaton, you may have heard of me, although, you probably have not."

I try to place the name, but my brain is still washed with pain.

"I am your father's father." He states it plainly, like it didn't just change my entire view of the world. "Or your grandfather in technical terms."

"Now that you have asked your question, answer mine." Marcus, my grandfather, snaps harshly.

"What do you want me to do?" I respond, my voice is awkward and higher pitched.

"I want you to....keep an eye out for the Allegiant."

"You want me to spy and send reports about my family? In your dreams jackass." Even I am taken aback by my own assertiveness.

Marcus inhaled and exhaled deeply, pinching the bridge of his noes out of stress, a trait my father portrays often.

"You will watch your family for us, or you will and them will suffer some consequences." I inhale a shaky breath, before replying.

"Ok, but on one condition."

"What might that be, my dear?"

"I want Keri dead."

"I can not comply with that demand." He states calmly.

"Why not?" I yell, and immediately regret it as my head buzzes with pain again.

"Because, she is also my granddaughter. Your father was not an only child."

I am so angry that I can barely speak. My words come out clipped and through gritted teeth. "I. Want. Noah. Back."

"Now that," he replies, "I can do."

---------------------------------------------
Please comment and vote! Sorry that it takes so long to update, but you can blame my teachers for assigning so much homework! Hope to update again soon though my Rebels! ❤️👍