chapter 1

Rochelle Smith POV

"Beep,beep beep" goes this stupid alarm, groaning I throw the pillows and covers aside sitting up to take off the alarm. Yawning and stretching in the process, I looked over to the other side to see it was unoccupied by my wife Talia, then looking at the clock which reads 05:05 AM, "Ahhhhhh man it's to early for this fuckery" but as a high school teacher I have to be up early to reach in time for class.I got up and made my way to the bathroom to take care of my hygiene.

After my shower, I exited the bathroom while drying off. I put on my already laid out boxers and sports bra. I made my way to my closet simply choosing some black slacks,pink shirt and black dress shoes, nothing special,it's the second week of school no need for over the top dressing up to impress idiots I've been seeing everyday for the past three years. I'm not one to fuck with a lot of teachers on staff because their energy is just off or not to my liking.

I put my dreads up into a neat bun,sprayed myself with cologne,placed my watch on my wrist, grabbed my phone and keys. I made my way down the stairs into the kitchen where my beautiful wife is laying out my breakfast. "Good morning handsome" she smiled at me"Good morning beautiful " I replied "hmmmm all this for me?" I look at my plate in awe "yes baby" I reached over pecking her on the lips tasting the cherry lip gloss she has on,then satisfying my taste buds to a delicious breakfast.

At school

As I made my way down the busy hall way, eyes locked on my phone reading the text my wife sent me, I accidentally bumped into someone causing all og their books to fall "oh, hey I'm so sorry" I apologized as I bent over to help the student pick up his books." It's cool, was just an accident, " shock took hold of me as I realize my mistake, it was a her.....hmmmm a stud. I immediately looked up shortly after regretting it as I got lost in her beautiful hazel eyes. Moments later after looking like a fucking retard for staring I pulled myself together and awkwardly give her back her belongings walking away without looking back.

last period

I sat at the my desk in silence waiting for my next class.......the seniors. I scanned my roll book realizing that there was a student that have been absent for the whole of last week from my class......January Baptiste.....interesting name. My thoughts then drifted away to a moment of reflection to reflect on my life. I'm a thirty-five year old lesbian, stud at that fact,high School teacher,with a lot of battle scars,stupid dishonest cheating wife who thinks she got me fooled......lol nope why do I stay? I guess some of her stupidity rubbed off on me, we have no kids because of a lot of stupid excuses given by my wife.....smh I think I'm fucking miserable... Wait scratch that I am miserable this job is my only peace yet it still have its fucked up days.

I then started thinking about that student i bumped into this morning and her eyes,I'm really fascinated with this female for some strange reason, a student at that, who is probably young enough to be my own daughter depending on her age,these days you can't tell or guess ages accurately anymore. Being brought out of my thoughts by the opening of the door I noticed it was the student I was thinking about a few seconds ago what a coincidence!

"Hi, you're a early bird I see." I watched her made her way to my desk " yea I just came early to talk to you about my absence last week" "you're January?" I questioned "yes I am, I have a letter" she placed the letter on my desk I peeped paint on her finger tips hmmmm....... She made her way to a seat located in the second row, I watched her every move admiring her features. Short, light skinned, short curly hair as she sat I begin to admire her soft,innocent looking facial features . I noticed that she also had paint on her chin , art student I assumed. I continued to hungrily stare at her pink full lips, unaware that I was biting my own or that she was looking at me, until I looked up into her eyes,those eyes, I didn't blink nor break the connection until the bell rang and a massive inflow of students. I reluctantly started my math class.

January Baptiste POV

I viciously pushed through the crowded hall way trying to get to my destination. I was basically trying to get everything done that you would do on the first day of school. Technically this is my first day even though it's the second week of school, I missed my first week because I was horribly sick."JB! JB!" My best friend Fallon yell in her thick Trinidadian accent as she run towards me."I missed yuh punk ass! How yuh feeling? ", "I'm alright, not one hunnid , but I'll survive you know?" I responded "I feel yuh, take it easy man, see yuh later." "Cool" I throw up a duces for her as I continue walking not paying any attention to where I was going until I bumped into someone, making everything in my hand fall to the floor. "Stupid fucker!" I mumble inaudible."oh,hey I'm so sorry" Miss Smith apologized as she bent over to help me pick up my books. " It's cool was just an accident, " I reply shortly after she looked up at me staring deep into my eyes, somehow I felt so nervous under her gaze, after she give me my books taking off down the hall way not looking back.

The rest of my day went by slowly and uneventful. Nothing much happened, I did the same thing for every class I arrived early spoke to the teacher and give them the letter and got the notes I missed. Last class for the day I already had my stuff for that class....maths. I already know who it's with......miss Smith. I heard that she one of the best teachers in the school and the best maths teacher as well. My palms started to get sweaty as I made my way to her class.....I'm nervous asf.

Upon entering the classroom I noticed her gaze was already fixated on me, "Hi, you're a early bird I see." I slowly made my way to her desk " yea I just came early to talk to you about my absence last week" I nervously said, why do I feel so pressured while I'm in her presence, maybe it's the way see looks at me. It's not a normal student to teacher look either. I was pulled out of my thoughts hearing her ask."you're January?" she knew who I was, maybe that's why I was getting all the intense looks."yes I am, I have a letter" i placed the letter on her desk and made my way to a seat. I can feel her still staring at me. I saw her staring off somewhere in my direction biting her lips. I took this moment to notice some of her features that i never paid attention to before, she is brown skinned with dark brown eyes, neatly twisted black dreads with blue tips, definitely taller than me and a ring. I know that she was a lesbian and married. I seen her wife a lot of times before. Definitely looks like her type of woman, thick, long hair,girly kinda thing. I continued looking at her until our eyes connected, i couldn't bring myself to look away. she broke our stare off at the sound of the bell and the inflow of my classmates.

The class had all of my attention,not once did I ever got distracted. The dismissal bell rang and everyone hurried out including me. "January" I immediately froze at the sound of my name and hesitantly turned around. "Did you get the notes and work sheets you missed?" Fuck I totally forgot. " um....ah n...no I didn't " I mentally face palm myself. " Ok borrow my notes I want them back tomorrow morning and the worksheets are due on Friday." "Thank you." I took the folder as I was about to walk off she pulled me back gently. I couldn't look at her so I looked down at my shoes. She lifted my face up making me look into her eyes "if you need any help you know where I would be." The way she said it, as if she wanted me to need her help.

I literally ran out of the classroom bumping into someone. What the fuck is it with me and bumping into people today."yo watch way yuh going nah!" Fallon, hallelujah!!!! " sorry I just was rushing to find you,i thought you'd left already, I had stay back in class to get notes I missed." I explained "OK ah going for pizza, yuh coming orrrrrrrrr?" "Yea" what a first day.