chapter 30

Marcus POV

.........sources has informed us that there was a survivor, female, she has suffered burns about 95% of her body, she was adimitted to the....... Fuck! fuck! fuck! I tuned out from listening the remaining of the news broad cast on my radio. I just know it's that dumb niece of mines. I picked up my phone to call her just to confirm my assumptions........ Voicemail....yea it's her dumb ass alright. Why the fuck she's at that house after I mentioned to her numerous times not to go there without me. Thank God I have everything I needed.

I reluctantly made a U-turn driving in the direction of the hospital that she was admitted to. Pulling up into the parking lot I parked in a spot closest to the exit. I took a few moments to calm myself as I needed it. This stupid bitch is to fucking messy. At this moment I'd made up my mind to get rid of her, I couldn't let her go just like that, she was in too deep and know too much. I pulled back out of the hospital parking lot heading home to get the necessities needed.

January POV

"Aye where you?" Fallon's voice screeches out from the other side of the phone."shit no GM or hello or how are you nothing." I responded  " Na bitch you cah get non of that, you just disappeared on ah youth just like puff and yuh moved out and ain't tell ah nigga shit wah kinda friend is you?" Shit! I've been wrapped up with all this shit happening with Rochelle and what not I forget about everything else."OK, um i'll send you the address and I'll explain everything in detail for you when you get here." I offered trying to make better of the fact that I didn't just hide shit from my best friend but also left her out of the loop. "Oh now you wah send me address and thing, nah keep that shit, and fuck yourse....." 

"I'm baking a cake!" I shouted cutting her off "I'll be there ASAP!"

Rochelle POV

" what the fuck you mean she survived!" I shouted angrily over the phone to one of those fools,"how the fuck this happened man, ain't y'all suppose to be professionals,look I don't give a fuck how, but finish the fucking job and do it soon" I finished hanging up. Man you can't depend on nigga to do anything right in these times, I need a shower!

After my shower, I got dress and made my way into the kitchen. I poured myself a glass of warm milk and stole a muffin from the freshly baked batch that was sitting in a twine basket on the kitchen counter. A couple minutes in I'm left with a half full glass of milk and no muffin. I contemplated in my mind if I should get another. "Good morning baby." I greeted my lady,hopping off the bar stool to get my morning kiss and another muffin of course."morning and don't touch me or my muffins Rochelle." She rolled her eyes pushing me away from her, walking away from my reach taking the basket of muffins with her.

"Is this about last night?" I ask obviously knowing it is. She turned around giving me that duhhh look. I better start explaining,shit my neck still hurts from sleeping on that stupid as sofa. I really not tryna spend another night on it. I sat there pouring  out all the events of the past couple weeks, starting with the last envelope I received, since that was when I started telling little white lies and being secretive. She ask about the two guys, which names I still can't remember. I told everything from the two weeks I'd disappeared and etc.

"Look baby I'm sorry that I lied to you but I only did it out of good intentions." I reached out for her hand but she quickly retrieve them,rejecting my affection." January I love you, please don't doubt that. " I got up walking to the other side of the island to where she stood. I wrapped my arms around her waist tightly pulling her closely into me"forgive me?"

"OK whatever I forgive you I guess."

"So, can I came back to our bed?" I questioned "I'll think about it, now move I gotta decorate the cake before Stacy gets here, I'm telling her about us."

"Who the fuck is stacy? And why I ain't ever heard of her? Why she need to know our business?" She better not be cooking out all the food in the house for no hoe, else necks will be snapping.

"Fallon's government name." She replied with attitude.

This virus " wait! What? Why you still hanging with her? And this is why you cooking and baking everything in the cabinet, fridge and wherever else we got food stored, babe you need to drop that hoe....."

"Rochelle!"

"Sorry"

Marcus POV

"Oh hi I'm here for Nisha um.......McBurney"I requested while standing at the receptionist desk "she's um the burnt victim that came in this morning or last night I think"

She typed away the computer before saying "room 35 second floor sir"

"Thank you "I said walking off. I used the stairs, I don't why but I felt like using it. I reached the floor Nisha's room was on and began my search for room 36.

I knocked lightly on the door before opening it to alert anyone in the room of my entering presence, there was no one, thankfully. I cringed at the sight of my niece wrapped up looking like a fucking grilled chicken burrito , if there's such thing.

" you're the last person I expect to come see me." I was taken aback by the ungrateful ass comment make by grill chicken burrito.

"I ain't that heartless you know, you still family."

"Yea if that's what you want me to believe." She let out a sigh,wincing in pain as a side effect of sighing. "Can you get something to drink? Feeling a bit dehydrated."

Perfect I'll just mix the poison in there."sure, anything specific? "

"Yea get me a Welch."

"You want to talk about what happened?" I asked not out of concern, while walking to the door.

"Nah just know I'm out, leave Rochelle and January be."

First you get my place burnt down, then  refusing to tell me what happened now you  quiting on me, I made the right decision getting rid of your roasted chicken looking mother fucking ass.

--------vote-----------comment----------