~Red~

I was about to push myself away from Taehyung, but before I could make that stupid move, he pulled me closer to him so I don't knock myself into the boxes again.

We looked to where the shouting was coming from and there stood a rather angry Jiwoong. His face had gone bright red, almost the same colour as his apples on the floor. If looks could kill, we would both have been decomposing right now due to the menacing glare he was shooting at us.

"What are you doing just standing there?!"

That made us suddenly jolt awake from our thoughts. We both simultaneously bent down to pick up an apple, leading us to bumping our heads.

"You go that way and I go this way."

He pointed at different directions. I nodded whilst rubbing my forehead due to the pain from our collison.

For the next few minutes, we both silently collected the apples. We had to listen to the endless cursing coming from the scary ahjusshi. He definitely had too much to say about this whole situation, even though to me it seemed like the apples were still fine.

Every so often I would take little glances towards Taehyung. Every time he stretched out his arm that was hit by the boxes earlier, he would wince a little. I could even see quite a noticeable bruise beginning to form on his forearm.

He was like that due to my incapability to control my feet. That only made me feel guiltier to see him in such state.

I walked towards him and crouched down to his level. He glanced at me and then went back to collecting the apples.

"Is your arm okay?"

I extended my hand to reach out for his bruised forearm. As soon as I touched his skin, he hissed in pain, causing me to quickly pull back.

He is obviously not okay, stupid.

"It's alright, I will live. I'm going back home and will try to fix this pain a little. Could you tape the boxes?"

I was going to offer to help nurse him. But refrained from doing so after remembering that I had no knowledge on how to use a first aid kit. I would've probably caused more damage than I already had.

An hour later I was back home. I had showered, tidied up, made myself disgusting ramen. I did anything I could to keep myself busy from thinking about him. I thought, if that includes cooking even though I couldn't even cook the basic instant ramen, so be it.

"This looks so bad. Oh my God."

I stared at my hair in disgust as I combed through it. My roots had grown out, so now a quarter of my hair was black and the other was light brown. I must've been too busy to even realise my current state.

I gave up combing my hair and went to put on a pink tracksuit set, donated once again by Taeyeon. The girl seemed to have quite a large collection of tracksuit and greedily, I had asked for a few more. They were practically my guilty pleasure.

Lastly, I put on the sunhat Yosub had given me before. I could finally put it to good use because they hid my dark roots. After feeling satisfied, I put on trainers and walked out to the afternoon breeze.

I was going to have my daily afternoon walk around town. With Yosub of course because there was no way that kid was leaving me. I discovered that these daily walks prevented me from going mad. I couldn't imagine the state I would be in, if shut in my house without Wi-Fi. I'd be a prisoner.

A bright red car parked on the side of the road caught my attention. It suddenly reminded me of the president of my ex-company, who also had a red car. It perfectly complimented her eccentric personality. For some reason, the thought of her somehow made me miss home a little...

I lowered my sunhat to hide my face. I didn't want anymore people discovering that I was living here. A slender figure stepped out from the driver's seat.

She wore platforms that were the same colour as her bright car and black leather pants. The pastel pink fur coat she was wearing seemed quite ridiculous in the sunny warm weather.

When my eyes looked up to her face, I almost lost my balance due to the shock. I managed to control my legs from collapsing but not my mouth...

"President!"

I immediately put my hand across my mouth to stop myself from saying anything more. But it was too late. She lowered her cateye sunglasses and hung her mouth open.

"Choi Ara? Darling, is that you?"

She slowly walked towards my direction, carefully studying me up and down. It was something she usually did when she met someone new.

"I almost didn't recognise you!"

She beamed at me, taking off her sunglasses. I stood there awkwardly twiddling with my thumb. This was the most I had been separate from her and she felt like a stranger. I was sure she felt the same way too. Obviously her extrovert personality didn't give that away.

"What are you doing here?" I asked, after finally gathering the guts to speak. But we were quickly interrupted by the village leader and Taehyung walking towards us.

"Miyoung! You came earlier than expected!" exclaimed the village leader.

"It's because I wanted to see you so much, Oppa," she said, sarcastically.

"Don't call me oppa, it actually doesn't suit you," said the village leader, grimacing.

I looked at Taehyung and then his arm, but it was covered with his long sleeve. Knowing what his mother was like, he probably didn't want to worry her by exposing his bruised forearm.

"So now can you please explain to me the reason for you being here."

"I will be staying here for two nights."

"Why would you need to do that?"

She snorted when I asked her the question.

"I always come here every year. You wouldn't know that, since you never bothered to ask," she replied, shrugging her shoulders.

That was actually true. But I only assumed it was one of her many business trips.

"Are you going to help me take my bags out anytime soon?"

Straight away, the two men went to the back of her car. I quickly followed behind them. Before Taehyung could take out the suitcase, I ushered him to move to the side.

"I will take it out," I said.

It was the least I could do, after he hurt himself because of me. I thought that if I did this, maybe I would feel less guilty, also meaning that I would think about him less.

I thought about him more than I wanted to and I didn't like that.

"Oh my God. What happened to you, Ara?"

The president had an amused smile on her face and she mocked a shocked expression. I quickly looked back at the suitcase, hiding my blush. It was true that I wasn't the same person from before. I had somewhat changed.

"Where will I be staying, oppa?" she said, sniggering, knowing that she had pissed off her brother.

The village leader glared at her and I couldn't help but chuckle at the siblings. Despite both being of an older age, they behaved like children. It was a different side to both the village leader and the president that I hadn't quite seen before.

"You are staying with Ara."

"Wait. What? OUCH!"

I clasped my head which had bumped into the car boot lid. I didn't understand how and when I started becoming so clumsy. The three of them began laughing at my mishap and then it was my turn to glare at them all.

The thought of having to share a room with my ex-president seemed a bit outrageous to me. Our personalities were so similar that we just couldn't bare to stand each other. Because our relationship was basically that famous quote.

Don't fight fire with fire.

A/N The boy from the picture above reminds me of Yosub. If anyone watches Come Back Mister or has seen Pride or Prejudice, the kid is from those two dramas.