~Oak Tree~

He was the first to step back and when I opened my eyes, I met his huge wide eyes that were filled with so much shock. If it wasn't for the dark, I was almost certain that he was blushing.

I tried to stifle a giggle but it still managed to escape my lips. A mischievous smirk tugged the corners of my mouth upwards.

"Why are you acting like it is your first time?" I asked, fully knowing the answer to the question.

He quickly looked away from me and his eyes dart around as if he forgot to control them whilst thinking.

"I think it is about time I told you something."

For a second my smile faltered because I hadn't expected him to say that. I stood up straight and raised a brow. "What is it?"

"Well, you see that first night you got drunk?" He waited for my response and when I nodded, he continued, "Whilst I was lying you down on your bed, we kind of kissed."

My jaw fell as I tried to take in what he had just said. How could he have hidden that from me all this time?

It finally made sense why he had been acting so weird the day after that night. I narrowed my eyes at him.

"Please don't misunderstand!" He put up his hands, "I wasn't trying to take advantage because believe me when I say that I was extremely shocked."

"That is such a bummer. I was hoping this would have been your first," I chuckled and winked at him.

He looked down at his feet but I caught the little smile that was steadily growing across his lips.

"So, what happens next?" he asked, looking at me.

"I'm not sure, let's just go with the flow," I said, shrugging my shoulders.

In all honesty, I wasn't sure how our relationship was going to work out. But whilst we walked home hand in hand, all of those worries didn't seem to matter.

"You know I'm very honoured to be your first ever girlfriend," I said, putting my hand on my chest.

"How would you know that you are my first?" he questioned, giving me a side eye.

"Well then, would you like me to ask?" that caused him to let out a sigh.

"You are right, I have no experience when it comes to relationships," he said with defeat in his voice, making me chuckle.

"All of my previous relationships have failed so I too am no expert in the love department. Don't worry oppa," I stretched out the 'oppa'.

We both cringed and began roaring with laughter, which echoed through the empty fields. At least we both agreed that fluffiness and aegyo were cringe.

"They are definitely off limits if we want this relationship to work out," I clarified and he replied with an eager nod before making a disgusted face.

We both weren't too keen on others finding out about the two of us. He explained how if anyone were to find out, the whole village would too and then they would never leave us alone. The thought of that was just horrible so we decided to keep things a secret for now.

However, we hadn't expected it to be as hard as it turned out to be. The next day during breakfast, we were being scrutinised by Taeyeon who kept on giving us suspicious looks.

I thought we did a pretty good job with being subtle but apparently we had underestimated Taeyeon and her intuition. At least she didn't say anything in front of their mother.

"Bye you lot. I'm going to go fishing," called out Nayeon, as she shuffled out with a bucket and a fishing rod.

Once we heard the door closing, Taeyeon went back to staring at us.

"So, tell me what is going on between the two of you."

Me and Taehyung looked at each other and then at her.

"Nothing," we said together.

She gave up trying to question us after we kept on denying that something strange was going on. She went off to her room as we cleared up the table and washed the dishes.

In the afternoon, we found ourselves sitting in front of a lake, hidden behind a large oak tree, with branches that hung very low.

Taehyung taught me how to skip stones and I was more than happy to be able to adopt another talent.

"Wow Ara, you are a natural," he gasped.

I flicked away my hair but since it was still short, it came back to rest against my face.

"I can't help the fact that I'm just a talented person," I joked.

I sat down on the grass and took off my sneakers. I was wearing a short dress so I decided to sit myself down and allowed my lower legs to have a dip into the lake. Taehyung joined me as I kicked the water.

We sat in silence admiring the lake as I rested my head on his shoulder.

"What will we do later on?" he asked, looking at me, "When you go back to being a celebrity."

My face hardened and all of a sudden many questions sprang into my mind. Truthfully, I was just as clueless as him.

I took his hand into mine and gave it a gentle squeeze before lifting my head to meet his gaze.

"Let's not think too hard about the future and just enjoy this moment while it lasts," I gave him a smile, "We will sort things out when time comes. It's too early to worry."

"Yeah, you are right," he said letting out a sigh. Even after that, he didn't seem convinced because I could still see the worry on his face.

I cupped his cheeks and made him look at me before leaning forwards to plant a kiss on his lips.

"I knew it!"

We snapped our head back to see a figure emerging from the oak tree. When we saw the owner of the voice I couldn't help but gasp. There stood Taeyeon, a mischievous grin plastered across her face.

Damn it.

"I'm so bored, Tae!" I exclaimed, staring up at the ceiling as I swivelled around his wheeled desk chair. It was night and my stomach growled for food when the smell of cooking in the kitchen made its way into Taehyung's room.

He ignored me once again. His face was hidden behind a book that he was engrossed in. I let out a loud sigh and still that didn't get his attention.

Finally, I got up and made my way to his bed and jumped on it, causing him to bounce. He finally looked up and frowned causing me to smile with victory.

"You look cute with glasses."

He self-consciously pushed up his glasses up his nose before looking down at his book. He tried to hide his smile but I still managed to catch it.

"Aww, are you blushing?" I cooed at him like he was a little baby. I lied down to meet his eyes but he lied down and faced the other way with his book.

"Go do something else, Ara."

"Not until you admit it," I said, sitting up and bending my body over his to look at him.

We twisted and turned until we were tangled with each other. Our laughter was cut short when we heard a light knock and the sound of the door opening caused me to quickly fall back.

I smacked myself onto the ground and let out a short cry. Taehyung's mother gave me a questionable look and I replied with an innocent smile.

"Just stretching," I said in a rather high pitch tone. She raised a brow at me and looked at her son.

"Jimin is on the phone and he says he has news for you."

I sat up on the floor and looked behind me at Taehyung. By the look on his face, I had a feeling he knew what that news could be about.