~Baby Cake~

Taehyung's mother was right. Secrets really did not last long in the village. Every time I stepped out of the house, someone just had to make a comment about us. It was worse if we were to be seen together. The whole idea of 'enjoying the little time we have together to the fullest' thing just became even more harder than it already was.

"When are you two lovebirds going to get married?" Yosub's grandma gave us a mischievous smile before sitting down a few chairs away.

Taehyung choked on his rice, obviously taken aback by the question. No matter how many times the villagers brought up our relationship, he was always going to be flustered. I rolled my eyes and slurped the noodles harder whilst trying really hard not to choke myself.

"We only just got together."

"Yeah well you guys need to hurry up, or else you will end up like him," Dongwook's mother was standing behind the restaurant counter, frowning at her son.

He looked at us with wide eyes, he had been too engrossed in eating to hear what his mother had to say about him. She never had anything good to say about Dongwook. She always complained that he drank too much and was going to die alone.

"Gosh mum, you don't have to be so harsh when I'm trying to eat- "

"Why don't you go get yourself a wife!" she shouted, "Maybe then I will shut up."

Eunju let out an amused laugh and shook her head. "Let's not get too loud now, Bong-Sun. Or else this fragile building might collapse on us."

"You're right," she agreed, looking around at the battered restaurant. "Anyways, back to the wedding- "

"Why are we even talk-"I began, only to get interrupted.

"I have this really nice and expensive hanbok I purchased when we were in Seoul. I need somewhere to wear it." Her eyes shimmered with excitement.

Eunju clapped her hands together. "Oh yeah! That is a really pretty hanbok. I wish I had gotten one myself."

After having a pretty eventful lunch at Eunju's restaurant, me and Taehyung headed back to his home. The fiery ball of sun beamed down on us, surrounded by a cloudless sky that was bluer than the river nearby. It was a nice change from the rain we had for the past couple of days.

"When and how are you planning to go back to your acting career?" I was taken aback by the sudden question.

"I'm going to- Well I- "For some reason, I couldn't actually think of a good plan. "I actually don't know."

It dawned on me that I really hadn't thought that through at all. I simply followed instructions given to me by my company and that was how I had ended up in the village in the first place.

"I think I relied on the media to somehow find their way to me," I continued, "Especially when Dahye was here. I was almost certain that the next day the paparazzi would be right at my doorstep."

"Well thank God they didn't come, or else we wouldn't have happened. Lucky you," He waggled his eyebrows.

I crossed my arms over my chest and gave him one displeased look. "I'm pretty sure you are the lucky one, to have me. You've basically won the lottery."

"Oh please, Ara. Don't flatter yourself just because you are a celebrity," he rolled his eyes, putting his hands on his hips. "Face it. You are overrated. I'm a hidden gem, a diamond in the rough."

"You should be thanking me that I am giving you the opportunity to be with an A-lister like me," I flicked my short hair, sticking my nose in the air.

"You do know in my world, that means absolutely nothing to me."

I frowned at him and tried to hit him in the arm but he moved away just in time. That only made me more competitive so in the end we were playing a game of cat and mice. We passed the fields flocked with cows as we chased each other.

"Hold on," he paused. "Do you hear that?"

He stopped in the middle of the path, my arms frozen in mid-air. It sounded very familiar. Like a ringtone. My ringtone...

"What the heck?" I stuffed my right hand in my pocket and retrieved my phone. Lo and behold, there was my screen flashing brightly with so much life. "How did I even manage to get any signal out here?"

"Well we are pretty close to the scary ahjuushi's house." I followed his gaze and realised that we were indeed near a grand cottage that could only belong to Jimin's father. "Being the richest, he has the best technology and connection. I have no idea what he does with all that."

I slid my finger horizontally across the screen to accept the call. I gingerly placed the phone next to my ear, not prepared for what was instore for me. I should've been ready but frankly speaking- I wasn't.

"Oh my God! Ara! Oh my God!"

I immediately moved the phone away from my ear before they could bleed from my company president's screaming.

"What is it?"

"Oh my dear honey bunch, my golden girl!" she exclaimed, "What took you so long to answer?"

"Well now you're the one who is dragging this conversation longer."

She cackled her infamous witchy laugh down the phone. "There goes my spicy-tongued baby girl!"

I had to hold myself back from rolling my eyes at her horrible pet names she was throwing at me. I did not appreciate them.

"I bring you great news. No it's greater than great. It's the best, I can't describe with words how excited I am to finally get back to work!"

"So, what's this amazing news?"

"Dahye has been EXPOSED." She put strong emphasis on the word. "Baby Cake, you better pack your bags right this minute because you are coming back!"

A/N So are y'all excited to see Ara making her comeback? Lmao. This story has less than 10 chapters left! I can't believe I've managed to get this far and I think I've relied on you guy's support way more than I thought I would. I didn't even think I would be able to get half way!