💠 1

' Raya! '

' Rayyyya!!'

' Rayyyyaaa!!!'

' Yesssssss! '

I answered with a grunt,jeez! My dad can be such a pain in the ass sometimes! My God! Couldn't he just allow me finish making this meal in peace?!

I stomped towards the sitting room from the kitchen.

'Oh,there's my Darling girl' he gushed smirking . 'Could you please pass me the remote?'

'What?! you called me all the way from the kitchen to come pass you the remote!' I screamed at him.

I looked at the distance between him and the remote, it was just a hand stretch away!

'But I'm so tired,you know I'm old now' he said widening his eyes to make him seem all innocent and vulnerable.

' Fine! Next time you won't be so lucky' I muttered,passing him the remote. As I turned to leave.

'And hurry up with the food!'He called out laughing, obviously enjoying my stressed out mode.

I smiled,no matter how much a pain in the ass he could be at times......scratch that- all the time, he'd still be my dad,and I'll always love him.

I set the dining table and neatly laid out our meal which consisted - grilled chicken,brown rice and garlic sauce, vegetable salad ,lemon juice and finally my favorite: a scrumptious chocolate cake, yummm.

' Wow Raya! This tastes delicious! ' dad complimented me while eating a huge chunk of his chicken.

' Thank you daddy' I leaned over and gave him a kiss on the cheek.

' You're going to make a good wife someday' he said proudly.

I flinched as he said 'wife',really dad? Marriage is not even in my dictionary, I wish he'd just drop it,it had become one of his most talked about topics lately.

'How's Imran doing?' He persisted, clearly wanting to get an answer out of me.

' I don't know' I sighed.

Imran is tall,handsome, rich and well educated, every sane girl's dream but oddly he just doesn't do it for me or maybe I'm not sane? Anyway,he had tried and tried and tried to break down the" hard wall of china" i had built around my heart as he'd put it but to no avail and finally he'd given up.Good riddance to bad rubbish if you ask me.

'What do you mean you don't know? Such a handsome young guy and you let him go like that!'He said snapping his fingers to illustrate the ' like that' .

'I don't like him' i mummbled.

'My God! Raya! Who is ever going to be good enough for you? You've turned down close to a hundred ( note exaggeration) eligible suitors with the excuse ' I don't like him' ' he said mimicking my voice.

'Dad! I don't talk like that!'I yelled ,throwing a carrot at him.

' Yes you do,my voice is even better' he teased laughing and choking in the process.

I jumped up from my seat, handed him a bottle of water and stroked his back till his coughing died down.

' See, Allah is taking my side,stop teasing me' I taunted.

' Whatever' he whispered,not finding his voice.
I chuckled and went back to my seat.

After I had done the dishes,daddy and I cuddled on our very plush sofa to watch his favorite boxing movie of all time " Rambo". I absolutely hate action flicks much less with bloodshed and over sized muscles and all that yucky stuff - eww,but for him I'd just about endure anything- I love him so.

So this is the beginning! This is a short story, so the chapters are going to be short too.

Please:

#vote#comment#read#share#

I appreciate it!

💕candy