3

' Who's he?'

' Oh, just a tall, dark and utterly handsome guy who happens to be the  CEO of a multi media company which happens to be one of the best in the world.' Tamar gushed, her light brown eyes alight  with admiration and should I say dollar signs?

'So what?'

' SO? Soo?! Didn't you hear a word of anything I just said? Or maybe  you didn't focus on the adjectives; TALL, DARK, HANDSOME and RICH!' She whisper-yelled.

' Of course I heard you! I meant so what if he's all that? He's just an ordinary guy.'

' More like extraordinary Raya. Sometimes I feel like you need to get your head examined.' She huffed.

' I'm not the crazy one'

' Oh really? What girl in her right senses wouldn't drool over this magnificent specimen of the homo sapien male species? I mean look at him, he has the right height, probably 6ft 5 , the right stature: lean and muscular ,not too heavy on the muscles just the way I like em. His hair! Look how curly it is! And so shiny too , his eyes! Oh Good lord his eyes! GREY ! Raya ,they are GREY! I bet Christian Grey would be very envious of his eyes and need I get started on his lips... Oh! So pink, plump and puckery just  begging me to lick, chew, and bit-'

' That's enough Tamar! , God! You are worse than Cinderella.'

' In what way , pray tell?'

' Because! You all think you need a man. Oh but not just any man, prince charming! To come buy you a castle ,and fabulous clothing, take you  out to  eat expensive dinners, sweep you off your feets so y'all  can live happily ever afte-'

'And what the hell is wrong with that?'

' He DOESN'T exist that's one reason and secondly, you do not require a man to be your saviour. You are a strong, independent woman and you do not ne-'

' --need a man to define you, yes I know . Save your talk Missy, if you want something you woman up and go get it. That's my mantra.'

' But-'

' Watch and learn babe'

And with that, she gulped the remainder of her nonalcoholic wine and sashayed to the man in question while I stood gawking at her back ,watching the very exaggerated swing of her hips in her body hugging , long -sleeved navy blue dress. Her auburn hair was tied in a bun leaving a few strands at the front which served to frame her beautiful face. I know Tamar to be brave but this is outrageous! What if he turns her down? Oh God please not in front of all these people!

Unable to help the situation or myself from watching, I went to the bar and poured myself a coke being the only beverage I do like, it helps to calm my nerves. The man in question  wasn't snubbing Tamar, nor was he giving her his total attention . He seemed to be engrossed in  his phone  . Ah, but just as I expected ,he is rich and rich people are not interested in others not on their level. See where your bravery has led you to , Tamar! I yelled in my mind. Why is she still there? Can't she take the hint that he isn't  interested?

But then suddenly, he stopped texting and looked up at her while tucking his phone in his suit pocket. Tamar smiled, a full blown smile showing her perfect set of magnificent, well aligned teeth. The man smiled back probably enthralled by her.. Her beauty. Tamar is a beautiful woman, with her long shoulder length brown hair, which matched the colour of her eyes, the tanned brown skin..she is the  perfect definition of slim and curvy but then, she throws herself at men and so they see her as easy. Most times she was dumped and I was always there to pick up the pieces of her broken heart.

Which I'm getting real tired of.

I was about to walk up to them and pull her away, but on second thought I let her be. It had been long since  I had seen her smile like that. She deserved to have a little fun. I sat on the bar stool looking around the near- deserted room which was filled to the brim with people,less than three hours ago. Mr. Ali had insisted we have the party, to celebrate our success on hitting the fifth year in the business which wasn't easy for a travel agency , much less an upcoming one.  And so here I was, stuck in it.

I gulped down my third glass of coke and sighed. The world would certainly be bleak without coke In it. I mean its just---Everything! I can't go a day without it. Or can I? No , I don't think so. I'd probably just fall and faint. We wouldn't want that to happen now, would w-

' Hello'

I heard a very deep and when I say deep, I mean DEEP voice utter. I looked straight ahead, not bothering to turn around,  he was probably talking to someone else.

' Hello' I heard again, then I felt a finger tap my shoulder.

I turned around and I was met by the most dazzling set of brown eyes I had ever seen . I mean I had brown eyes, Tamar's are brown also.. But this- his, I mean were exceptional. With round  gold flecks around his irises, I was lost in them..

Until I realised, he tapped me on my shoulder? He TAPPED me on my SHOULDER?!

' Why did you have to touch me to get my attention? Couldn't you just say hello?' I spat at the stranger with the brown eyes.

He smirked, smirked! At me!

' I did say hello, twice actually but you were busy having a conversation with your bottle of coke to notice.'    He said,  with a crooked, annoying but hot smirk on his face.

Why did I say that? He isn't hot. PFF.

You know he is, my inner voice sang.

' I was talking to myself! Intelligent people talk to themselves you know and they do not like to be interrupted. But some people are too dumb to know that' I spat at him.

He laughed.

He laughed! And By God, it was a  harmonious sound . Am I drunk? No ,you fool. Coke can't get you drunk. But you never can tell, caffeine does wonders..

I had  basically just called him dumb, and he was laughing?

' You are funny' he said after regaining his breath.

I studied him for a moment, he is tall like really tall, right stature, dark hair , bright brown eyes and lip-

Ugh! I sound like Tamar.

Speaking of which, it was time to leave, I need to go get her.

Ignoring the stranger with the brown eyes, I stood up from the bar stool and started to make my way to Tamar's direction.

' I'm Samir' stranger introduced himself. And 'you are?'
He asked, his eyes still shining with mirth.

' None of your business.'