2

It's time to wake up,the time is 6:30.

My annoying alarm rang out. I contemplated skipping work today for a few seconds but decided against it. Hell hath no fury like the scorn of Mr Ali ,he hates his employees skipping work without any valid reason.

I sighed and walked lazily into my closet trying to decide on what to wear to work,this takes a couple of minutes because I'm naturally a very indecisive person, I settled finally on a black skinny jean, and a fitted long sleeved navy blue shirt with a coordinating veil and black pumps.

I jumped into the bathroom and took the quickest shower ever,dabbed on little eye makeup and gloss, and got ready by 7:30.

I went to see if daddy was awake,but found him snoring loudly,he seemed so at peace and I didn't want to wake him, I smiled and gave him a kiss as I silently stole the keys to his Audi R8 and made a break for it.

Yes my dad is a car freak! An Audi R8 might be too sporty for him considering his age and all ,but he doesn't care and frankly neither do I.

Dad claims I'm too reckless with cars,following how I had murdered my brand new Mercedes in just three months.
As a punishment for' my recklessness',I wasn't allowed to drive the Audi.

..... but I do anyway.😏

I got to work and I was greeted with the sulky face of Tamar,the receptionist.

' You seem very happy this morning 'I told her sarcastically.

' Don't even start Raya' she snapped giving me an angry glare.

' What did I do?!'

' I'm sorry 'she sighed 'but Mr Ali keeps getting on my nerves, I think I'm going to quit soon'.

'What ? Why?please don't quit I'll miss you.'

' I'll miss you too,but he keeps picking on me,like this morning he complained that my sweater is showing too much cleavage,imagine that!' She yelled.

I looked down at her bosom.

'Err...Tamar,it is showing much cleavage" I said.
She is blessed in the breast department Masha Allah.

' Really?' She questioned in mock innocence.

'You slut! You know its too revealing. '

'Well yes! I know,is it a crime to look sexy!.'She screamed back at me.

'Whatever, I think Mr Ali has a crush on you,that's why he's bothering you too much ' .

It is true,Mr Ali had a weird way of showing emotions which only I could understand for some weird reason. I could tell he liked Tamar from the first day she was employed.

' Well,I don't like him back' she muttered,trying and failing to hide her smile.

'Mm-hmm,just don't quit Tamar.'

' I'll see what I can do' she said smiling.

' Slut' I muttered under my breath and turned away to walk to my office.

'I heard you!'

We worked in a little travel agency with few employees, so things were not too uptight, we dressed as we liked,cracked jokes with each other,the atmosphere was light and serene, I absolutely loved it.

I had wanted to be an air hostess at first,but the hours were crazy and no one was there to take care of my dad. The old man didn't want me to go but he wasn't the one to stand in the way of his daughter's dreams.

So ,being the caring daughter that I am, (flips hair) I settled for a less tedious job,being a Ticketer at All Africa's Travel and Tours Agency with Mr Ali as the boss.

The hours were less busy and the salary was great. Life was beautiful.

Until that unfortunate party.