💠13

And true to his words, Samir has been by my side ever since then.
I never knew what it felt like to be cared for by a man, other than my dad, but him-Samir brings a whole new meaning to that word, ' Care'.

I can finally say, happily and without restraint that I'm in love. I'm in love with Samir Ali Mustafa and I'm ready to shout it from the top of the Eiffel tower in Paris( if they'll let me).

He makes me feel like I'm the only girl in the world. If someone would have told me a month ago that I,Raya ,would say such sappy and mushy words about a man,I would have told them to go drown themselves in the nearest river. But here I am today.

Today marks our three month anniversary, and it still feels like the first day when he'd confessed his love for me. The giddiness, the excitement, the feeling of butterflies flapping their wings about in your tummy, that gleam in your eyes that only that special someone can bring to you, oh! I never knew that being in love could be so sweet!

He's made me into a better person, that I must confess to. I now smile at people that I don't acknowledge before, I walk with an extra spring to my steps, I laugh more now and even better- my trade mark scowl has been wiped away from my face, hopefully,forever.

Perhaps the most important change would be reconciling with my mother. He made me understand that she was human and she was bound to make mistakes, and for me to be able to live a better life filled with happiness and peace, I had to learn to forgive and move on..and forgive her I did.

I remember vividly, the smile on her face when I had told her that I'd forgiven her,she embraced me in the tightest and most comforting hug and that brought me to tears. I wept along with her, unleashing all the hurt and anger that I had held on towards her, asking for her forgiveness and the way I treated her and vice versa. Even Mama Hannah had joined in the tear-giving (lol) . And since then, I have felt my heart getting lighter and lighter.

Here I am today, a better person,a modified version of myself.

And all because of one man, one good man- Samir Ali Mustafa.

***

" Raya, he's hereeee"

Tamar sing-sang in her usual overexcited voice. I rolled my eyes fighting to suppress that smile- that huge smile that appears anytime I see him or even hear his name. He knocked and I cleared my throat, fixing my black kaftan before I answered for him to enter. At the sight of his face that smile appears again and this time I don't fight it. He walks in bearing a bouquet of my signature red roses in one arm and my favourite box of chocolates in the other arm.

" Hey gorgeous" He greeted, leaning down to give me a kiss on the cheek. His soft beard brushing against my skin and I gasped at the tingly sensation.

He chuckled making his dimples appear and I had to close my mouth to fight the drool that was threatening to leak out. The man is gorgeous phew! He was wearing a crisp black suit with a white shirt underneath... So simple an attire yet on him it looked unbelievably hot.

Calm yourself Raya, I spoke to myself ( in my head of course) he's yours..you can ogle him all you want.

And ogle him I did.

He brought a chair to my side and sat down. " like what you see?" He asked with that cute smirk on his lips.

" Pfff. No"

liarrr, my inner voice sang.

" Your ' No' usually means yes baby" he cooed.

" Shut up" I huffed, my fingers unwrapping the box of chocolates with haste. I couldn't wait to get the heavenly taste on my tongue. I glanced at him and noticed he was a bit tense, his eye brows drawn together in concentration. When he noticed my eyes on him, he smiled, trying to relax.

" what's wrong with you?" I asked, my fingers stopping their movements.

" Nothing " he replies. " go on, open the box, I want a bite myself" he chuckled uneasily. I shrugged and proceeded to open the box up, dying to dig into my sweet chocolates.

Except I didn't see any, inside my box of chocolates was another box, with a ring, a beautiful sapphire ring, sitting in a petite box of its own, already opened for me to behold its beauty. Tears clouded my vision as I struggled to come up with appropriate words to say. Turning to gaze at him, I found samir on his knee with tears also in his eyes, gazing at me with all the love and adoration in the world.

" Samir?" Was all I could manage in question.

" I love you." He said. " I've loved you from the moment I set my eyes on you. Your beauty, your fiery spirit,your strength, your intelligence and most of all your kind heart endears me to you. I'm not that good with words Raya, but I hope and pray you give me the opportunity to show you how much I love and care about you.. Now and forever. Do me the honour, make me the happiest man on earth and be my wife.."

I'm rarely speechless. Rarely. But today this man has made me.

I choked back a sob as he took my slightly shaky hand and put the ring on my finger. I was awed at how perfectly it fit my finger and how just right it felt.

Looking back at him, I saw in his eyes, what I'm sure he could see in mine. Love, respect, adoration and care. And I knew, there was no one in the world I'd rather be tied up to than him.

" yes.. Yes I'll be your wife."

****

Hi everyone! I'm sorry it took me this long to update. Major writer's block coupled with school work isn't a good combo. Again, I'm really sorry for this delay.
Well here's the last chapter, an epilogue will be coming up soon in shaa Allah.

Please vote, comment and share. Thanks.