🌸7

'You!'  I growled again.
My eyes widened in disbelief,Was he really standing here or am I hallucinating?

'Yes, Me.Samir' He answered still in his captivating voice,giving me his signature crooked smirk.

Yep. Its definitely him.

Shutting the door behind me quietly,  I joined him on the front porch.

'What are you doing here? ' I asked in a harsh whisper.

' I was invited'.  He shrugged.

'Invited? By who? ' I  raised an eyebrow.

' By Mr.Ahmad' He grinned.

Bells had started ringing aloud in my head.  Why did Dad invite him? How on earth is it that I had never met uncle Mustafa till today?  And Dad claims that he's an old friend of his?

'You kn-now my father? ' I stammered.

He sighed before answering. ' I do.  He's an old friend of My dad's '

Then suddenly, realisation dawned on me.

' He put you up to this didn't he? ' I seethed.

' Raya, it's not the way it looks lik-'

'He put you up to all of this!. You meeting me at the party, sending me chocolates.  Now I know how you know Galaxies are my favourite!  And the roses! How you know where I work! everything!  You asshole!'  I growled.

Daddy had gone too far this time.  This was too much.

'It isn't the way it looks like. I can explain it all'

'Explain  what?  That you were pursuing me because my dad asked you to?  Huh? That you think I can't get a suitor on my own so my dad has to get one for me?  Is that your explanation? ' I spat at him.

' No!  I swear it's nothing like that.' He cried.  Stepping forward,  he tried to take one of my hands in his.

I snatched my hand away. 'Don't you dare touch me'  I yelled. 'I have nothing more to say to you.  You were invited to dinner so you can come in.  But let me warn you,  this is the last time I want to see you anywhere near me'. 

I turned around and walked into the house,  leaving him standing on the porch.

'Is anything wrong? ' uncle Mustafa asked as I stepped into the dinning room.

' No. Nothing is wrong. ' I faked a smile.

' Are you sure? ' Dad asked.

' Yes' I answered curtly,  avoiding his eyes.

Samir walked in with a somber expression on his face.

'Welcome! ' Dad exclaimed standing to give him a hug.

' Salam' He greeted him.

'Wa alaykassalam'  Dad answered. ' How is everything going with you?  Have a seat'  He offered him.

'Thank you' He replied.  'Baba'  He tapped uncle Mustafa's shoulder.

'Samir.  Glad you could join me. Raya has cooked us a wonderful dinner ' He smiled warmly at me.

I gave  him a faint smile.

'Let me do the introduction.  Samir,  this is Raya my beautiful daughter ' Dad said gesturing to me.  'Raya,  this is Samir.  Mustafa's handsome son'  He winked at him.

'Nice to meet you,  Raya. Everything looks great ' He complimented me.

'Thank you ' I gritted out.

So dad was going to continue with this game of his?  He knows we know each other!  Wait till they leave dad,  wait till they leave! I told him with my eyes.

He ignored me of course.

' Dad,  I have never met uncle Mustafa before,  you said he's an old friend of yours? ' I persisted,  wanting to get an answer out of him.

' Ah yes!  We went to Ahfad  Boys secondary School together.  You haven't met him  because he's been living in the states all these years.  That's where this smart boy was born. '

He smiled warmly at Samir.  He seemed awfully fond of the boy  which only angered me more.

' Really? ' I asked.

' Yes.' Uncle  Mustafa  Answered.  'We moved back here three months  ago to start up our company.'

'Which is doing very well too. Can you believe they were able to build their company in the central area?.  That's marvelous!  It's really hard to acquire land there you know.  You guys are really lucky ' Dad said.

' They are' I agreed.

' I know.' Uncle Mustafa nodded, taking a sip of his date juice. 'We give all thanks to God,  for blessing us with business and giving me such an amazing Son.'  He smiled,  the corner of his eyes crinkling as he gazed at Samir adoringly.

Well it seems this dinner had turned to an' All hail samir event '. I felt so angry and stupid.  How had I not seen this Coming?  I asked myself.  I should have known Dad is not ready to give up on his match making skills!  But lately he seemed resigned to the idea and I had relaxed which made it even more shocking that he had dealt me a blow when I least expected it!

I glanced at him, trying to catch his eyes but he was too busy discussing with Uncle Mustafa and that traitor.  (I. E Samir).

I forked through my food and tried to zone them out.  Once or twice I would catch samir staring at me with an apologetic look in his eyes but I'd look away. I couldn't wait for this dinner to be over so I can go to sleep and forget I ever met him.  I didn't need another man in my life,  the sooner my dad gets it the better it would be for all of us.

Soon we were done with our meal.  Hajar,our help, assisted  me in cleaning up the table and a round of black coffee was served.

'Thank you all for coming over' I began,  looking at Uncle Mustafa.  ' I'm sorry but I have to retire early.  I have work tomorrow. '

'OH stay a little longer Raya.' Dad pleaded giving me his puppy eyes.

I groaned inwardly.

'Yes stay with us a bit more' Uncle Mustafa chipped in.

I sank back down on my chair not wanting to be rude.  They went on talking about business,  then shoes,  then cars then I heard dad saying something about me not wanting to get married and how he wants to hold his grandchildren.

'Dad!  I'm just 22!' I screamed.  Annoyed that he brought up the topic in front of them.

'I married your mother when she was 19'

I looked away not wanting to remember my mother.

'She keeps chasing her suitors away with the excuse "I don't like him"'He continued, mimicking me.

'Dad  please.' I sighed.' I'll get married when I meet the right person. '

' Samir might be the right person you know,  your ideal husband' Uncle Mustafa chuckled.

Oh God did he just say that?  And in front of him?!  Ground please swallow me up now!

'My thoughts exactly,Mustafa'.Dad grinned showing His pearly white teeth. 'They'll make such adorable children too' He chuckled.

Ground please please swallow me up now!could this  night get more worse?!

'It would be an honour to have her as my wife' Samir commented in a low voice.

Startled, I gazed at him,  infuriated at the comment he just made.  Meeting my gaze unflinchingly, he smiled at me, an apologetic lopsided  smile that had my heart doing weird flips and flops..

I knocked the feeling down.

'Goodnight everyone '.  I said before literarily running up the stairs.