Chapter 4

I knocked on the guidance counselor's office door.

"Come in." said a feminine voice on the other side.

I slowly opened the door. I saw a human woman sitting at her desk cowering a bit. She looked at me and seemed to examine me a bit, as if to see if I was trustworthy or not. She then relaxed once she saw that I was kind of uncomfortable as well.

"Oh! So you must be the new transfer," she said in a surprised, yet cheerful tone. I closed the door gently. "I'm Ms. Cameron, the guidance counselor. I'm assuming that you are (f/n) (l/n). What school did you transfer from? If you don't mind me asking. And you can have a seat if you want." She gestured toward a bean bag chair.

I sat down and looked to the floor.

"I was homeschooled." I practically whispered.

Apparently she heard me because she nodded and wrote something down. I glanced at her from my seat as she looked back up again.

"Do you mind telling me why you were homeschooled? If you don't want to say, you don't have to."

I glance around nervously. I then sighed.

"...I got bullied a lot as a kid. And...well...as you can see," I said as I gestured to myself, "I'm not exactly a normal thing to see. B-but I'm assuming that being here isn't necessarily normal either, from your standpoint."

She let out a giggle. "Yeah, but I'm getting used to it." I gave a half smile. "But, anyway, why are...um..." She was unsure.

"Kitsunes." I answered for her.

"Yes, why are kitsunes not normal?"

I let out another sigh. "The history behind kitsunes are seemingly unknown and they seem to just pop up out of nowhere throughout history to legends. No one knows where they came from...they just appeared. No one could trace when a kitsune would be born and no one knows how they were able to be born from a lineage of a normal family of foxes. Although my mother loves me, its just...so many other things that people classify as weird or strange about me. I really hope that I can get a fresh start from this.

Ms. Cameron nodded.

There was an awkward silence.

"Um...so the office said that I have to get my class materials from here?" I said to break the silence.

Her eyes lit up as she got up and went to her supply cabinet. "They're all in here."

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Huh. That wasn't so bad. Usually I hate talking to guidance counselors since they always criticize me.

Is it because she's human?

Maybe.