IMAGINE: Legolas stopping your arranged marriage

| IMAGINE for @Uilosris

    You practically dance into Legolas's bedroom, so happy. "Y/N, what are doing?" Legolas, your lover, laughs, as you twirl straight into his arms. A huge grin breaks across your face. "You're certainly happy." He comments, his grin coming easily.
     "You will not believe what your father just told me!" You exclaim.
     "That we can get married finally?" Legolas asks.
     Your grin falters and the light leaves your eyes. "No." You murmur, frowning. You're Thranduil's ward, and Legolas and you have fallen deeply in love with each other.
     "Hey, hey, hey, hey." Legolas says softly, tilting your face upward. "I'm sorry, I didn't mean that. Get that grin back on your lips, okay, love?" He asks quietly. You nod, giving him a reassuring smile.
     "Now, what is it that you're so excited to tell me?" Legolas asks, securing his arms around you.
     You put your hands on his chest. "Your father told me that I'm going to be traveling to Imladris!" You exclaim. "I'm so excited to see Arwen, Elladan, and Elrohir." You state. At the mention of Arwen's older twin brothers, Legolas stiffens.
     "Did my ada [Father] say why you're traveling there?" He asks. He's never been too fond of Elladan and Elrohir. Especially Elrohir. He's always paid too much attention to you for Legolas's liking.
     You shake your head. "Not really, no. I didn't think to ask anyways." You reply.
     "When do you leave?" He asks.
     "Tomorrow at dawn." You answer, before letting out a little shriek, throwing your arms around Legolas. "I can't wait!" You exclaim, hugging him tightly.
     "I'm going to miss you." Legolas says, biting his lip, worry creasing his brow. You pull back and give him a soft kiss. You tilt your head and smile at him.
     "I'm going to miss you, too." You reply. Legolas smiles at you and kisses you again, before drawing you back into his arms.

---

     The next morning, hours after you left, Legolas walks around the Woodland Realm, deeply perplexed about you going to Imladris.
     "You look troubled, hîr vuin [My lord]." Feren comments, walking with Legolas.
     Legolas sighs and nods. "That's because I am." He replies.
     "Are you in need of assistance with something?" Feren asks.
     "I-I... Ugh." Legolas grumbles. He stops walking and looks at Feren. "Feren, I just don't know why Y/N has to go to Imladris. I don't know why my ada [Father] sent her there on such short notice. It's not really like him. I understand that Y/N misses Arwen, but I just feel like it's too short of notice. It's too weird." Legolas blurts out.
     Feren's eyebrows draw. "Your ada [Father] didn't tell you, did he?" He asks.
     Legolas pulls up straight, cocking his head to the side, an eyebrow raised. "Tell me what...?" He asks.
     "Y/N's not going there to see Arwen. Arwen isn't even at Imladris. She's at Lothlorien with the lady Galadriel and lord Celeborn." Feren states.
     Legolas's eyebrows furrow deeply. "Then what is Y/N going there for?" He grits out.
     Feren looks away. "I-I don't know if I should say... I've already said too much. King Thranduil permitted me from saying anything." He stammers.
     Legolas angrily shoves Feren against the wall, fury flashing in his eyes. "And I, as prince Legolas, and the future king of Mirkwood, demand you to tell me what Y/N is going to Imaldris for!" He shouts.
     Feren flinches and nods. "Okay, okay, okay, okay." He whispers. He squeezes his eyes shut. "Y/N is going to Imladris because king Thranduil and lord Elrond set up an arranged marriage between Y/N and-" Feren starts.
     "Elrohir." Legolas finished. Feren opens his eyes and nods. Legolas backs away. "I should've known my ada [Father] would do something like this." He says. "When's the wedding?" He asks.
     "Tonight." Feren answers.
     Legolas looks at him in shock. "What?" He gasps, panic banding tightly around his heart. "So soon?" He asks.
     Feren nods. "Your ada [Father] wanted it that way so you couldn't object. Apparently, king Thanduil and lord Elrond have been planning this for quite sometime." He explains. Legolas's blood boils and he tears away from Feren.
     "Where are you going?" Feren asks.
     "To stop that wedding and get my girl back!" Legolas exclaims, running towards the exit of the Woodland Realm.

---

     You lay on your bed in the room lord Elrond gave you to rest while he finishes the preparations for your wedding to Elrohir. You weep, chocking on a sob.
     You remained cool and collective when Elrond explained everything to you when you arrived at Imladris. Elrohir had walked up to you, took your arm, and planted a kiss on your cheek. You had to stifle a gag, feeling like you were betraying Legolas. You feigned a headache, and after Elrond showed you to your room, he wished you well before the wedding tonight.
     You're panicked and on the verge of hysteria. You let out a sob, crying even harder, Legolas in the front of your mind. Right now, nothing burns brighter than your hatred for Thranduil and Elrond. Both were like father figures in your life and now they betrayed you. You've tried to escape but there are guards everywhere.
     You turn on your back and stare up at the ceiling, hiccuping. You sniff, tears sliding out of the corners of your eyes. "Legolas, I'm sorry." You whisper. "I'm so sorry." You repeat, squeezing your eyes shut.

---

     Your heart is about to jump out of your chest as you walk down the aisle towards Elrohir. You glance each way, looking for an escape route, but find none. You sigh, defeated. When you reach Elrohir, he takes your hands, beaming at you. You give him the barest of smiles and immediately drop your eyes.
     The ceremony passes in a blur and soon Elrohir is saying his vows to you. You silently cry, your heart breaking in two. You suddenly here the clop of horse hooves running towards you.
     "Stop this wedding!" Legolas screams, riding down the aisle.
     You look at him in shock. "Legolas." You breathe with relief. He stops his horse right in front of Elrohir and you, and he swings down, going immediately to your side.
     He wraps his arm protectively around your waist. "I'm marrying Y/N, Elrohir. Not you. Not anyone. She's mine." Legolas states. He searches the crowd until his eyes land on Elrond's. "Apparently my father didn't tell you, but Y/N's heart has already been taken by me. So she's unavailable." He explains, his eyes narrowing.
     "I'm-I'm sorry I had no idea." Elrond whispers.
     "Come on, Y/N, let's go." Legolas says, pulling you along. He helps you on to the horse and gets up behind you. "Sorry for the interruption, but we really must be going." Legolas says, flashing everyone a grin, before slapping the reins against the horse, setting it sprinting out of Imladris.

---

     You sit on the grass, warming your hands by the fire. Legolas throws some more firewood on the fire and then sits down next to you. He looks at you, the love on his face setting your heart racing.
     "I never imagined you'd look so beautiful in a wedding gown. Unfortunately it wasn't our wedding, but you still look... breathtaking." He says.
     You blush. "Thank you." You reply.
     "Y/N, I hope you know how much I love you." Legolas says.
     You smile. "Oh, I know, Legolas." You say. He smiles at you and pulls you to his side, kissing your temple.
     "I hope you know how much I love you." You tell him. Legolas gets a thoughtful look on his face and then looks at you.
     "Care to show me?" He asks. You roll your eyes, before grabbing his face and kissing him passionately.
[THE END] I hope you liked it!