IMAGINE: Sacrificing your life for Legolas

You wipe the sweat off your forehead and breathe heavily, backing away as the ground sinks around you. You huddle close to Legolas, your boyfriend, as you both stare in awe at the Eye of Sauron collapsing. Orcs shriek as they fall beneath the collapsing ground.

     "Frodo and Sam have done it." You breathe to no one in particular.

     Legolas smiles down at you and wraps his arm around your waist. "We've won." He states.

     You laugh with relief. You look up at your handsome beau. "We didn't die." You say, grinning.

     He laughs and kisses your cheek. "Thank goodness for that." He whispers.

     As everyone around you cheers and shouts with joy, they fail to hear the whizzing of an arrow sailing through the sky from an Orc who shot it from the Black Gate. You're the only one that hears it and sees it. Its target is none other than Legolas. Your cry of joy quickly turns into a cry of horror.

     You jump into front of Legolas and gasp as the arrow flies into your chest. You pull upright, breathing heavily, your eyes wide. You turn towards Legolas and fall into his arms.

     "Y/N?!" Legolas exclaims, before his eyes fall to the arrow sticking out of your chest. "No!" He screams in horror. Everyone around you quiets down as Legolas and you sink to the ground. He holds you tightly in his arms and you gasp, blinking slowly.

     "Le-Legolas." You choke out, staring at him.

     "I'm here, I'm here." He cries.

     "I'm sorry. I'm sorry. I'm sorry." You gasp, crying.

      "I spoke too soon." You grit out, squeezing your eyes shut. Your breath hitches in your throat and you rest your head against Legolas's chest. "I spoke too soon..." You murmur, before going limp in his arms, dead.

     "Y/N? Y/N?! Come on, Y/N! Please!" Legolas sobs, rocking you back and forth. "You can't leave me. Not after everything we've been through." He weeps. "Please, I beg of you. I beg of you. Don't leave me." He pleads, resting his head against yours.

     "I'm so sorry, laddie, but she's gone." Gimli says softly, putting his hand on Legolas's shoulder.

     Legolas looks at your pale face and lets out another sob. "I wanted to marry her. I love her. I wanted her to be my wife..." He cries quietly.

     "I know you did, I know you did." Gimli says, nodding sadly.

     Legolas holds you as close as he can, burying his head into your hair. For a long time, he just holds you in his arms and cries.

     He sniffs, suddenly his grief and sorrow turning to anger. He looks up, anger flashing in his eyes. His eyebrows draw and he sets you down on the floor.

     "Legolas, what are you doing?" Aragorn asks as Legolas reaches for his bow.

     Legolas ignores him and stands. He points his arrows to the Black Gate and in four swift shots, he kills the Orcs on the Black Gate. Then he roughly tosses his bow onto the ground.

     Everyone just stares at him as he kneels and picks up your dead body into his arms. His jaw set, his eyes hard, he walks past everyone, his heart broken in two.
[THE END] I hope you liked it!